Chloe Moretz to Receive Big Bucks for 'If I Stay'
Chloe Moretz is paving her way to become the highest-paid actress. The 16-year-old is paid a seven figures salary to star in the upcoming drama "If I Stay", in which she plays her first on-screen, grown-up role.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, producers are asking the court's permission to hire the actress because she is a minor. It is stated that she will receive $500,000 as the base salary and is entitled to 15 percent of the film's profits. There's a guarantee though that she will still receive an additional $1 million should the movie flops in the box office or shows no profit.
Not only that, producers will pay her a bonus of $25,000 if she gets an Oscar nomination and another $25,000 if she wins. On top of that, Moretz gets a cut of the movie's merchandising.
Moretz stars opposite Jamie Blackley in "If I Stay", which is based on the bestselling young adult novel by Gayle Forman. Mireille Enos takes the role as her mother. Moretz's Mia is a young musician who gets into a fatal car accident and is given the choice to die or go back to her life.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen