Chloe Moretz to Receive Big Bucks for 'If I Stay'
Chloe Moretz is paving her way to become the highest-paid actress. The 16-year-old is paid a seven figures salary to star in the upcoming drama "If I Stay", in which she plays her first on-screen, grown-up role.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, producers are asking the court's permission to hire the actress because she is a minor. It is stated that she will receive $500,000 as the base salary and is entitled to 15 percent of the film's profits. There's a guarantee though that she will still receive an additional $1 million should the movie flops in the box office or shows no profit.
Not only that, producers will pay her a bonus of $25,000 if she gets an Oscar nomination and another $25,000 if she wins. On top of that, Moretz gets a cut of the movie's merchandising.
Moretz stars opposite Jamie Blackley in "If I Stay", which is based on the bestselling young adult novel by Gayle Forman. Mireille Enos takes the role as her mother. Moretz's Mia is a young musician who gets into a fatal car accident and is given the choice to die or go back to her life.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance