Chloe Moretz to Receive Big Bucks for 'If I Stay'
Chloe Moretz is paving her way to become the highest-paid actress. The 16-year-old is paid a seven figures salary to star in the upcoming drama "If I Stay", in which she plays her first on-screen, grown-up role.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, producers are asking the court's permission to hire the actress because she is a minor. It is stated that she will receive $500,000 as the base salary and is entitled to 15 percent of the film's profits. There's a guarantee though that she will still receive an additional $1 million should the movie flops in the box office or shows no profit.
Not only that, producers will pay her a bonus of $25,000 if she gets an Oscar nomination and another $25,000 if she wins. On top of that, Moretz gets a cut of the movie's merchandising.
Moretz stars opposite Jamie Blackley in "If I Stay", which is based on the bestselling young adult novel by Gayle Forman. Mireille Enos takes the role as her mother. Moretz's Mia is a young musician who gets into a fatal car accident and is given the choice to die or go back to her life.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism