Chloe Moretz to Receive Big Bucks for 'If I Stay'
Chloe Moretz is paving her way to become the highest-paid actress. The 16-year-old is paid a seven figures salary to star in the upcoming drama "If I Stay", in which she plays her first on-screen, grown-up role.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, producers are asking the court's permission to hire the actress because she is a minor. It is stated that she will receive $500,000 as the base salary and is entitled to 15 percent of the film's profits. There's a guarantee though that she will still receive an additional $1 million should the movie flops in the box office or shows no profit.
Not only that, producers will pay her a bonus of $25,000 if she gets an Oscar nomination and another $25,000 if she wins. On top of that, Moretz gets a cut of the movie's merchandising.
Moretz stars opposite Jamie Blackley in "If I Stay", which is based on the bestselling young adult novel by Gayle Forman. Mireille Enos takes the role as her mother. Moretz's Mia is a young musician who gets into a fatal car accident and is given the choice to die or go back to her life.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video