Tim Tebow Lands Job as 'SEC Nation' Analyst
Tim Tebow lands a job in television. ESPN announced on Monday, December 30, that the quarterback has signed a multiyear deal to join ESPN as an analyst for the SEC Network which launches in August.
"I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity," Tebow said in a statement. "When I was six years old I fell in love with the game of football, and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC."
Tebow's primary role is as an analyst for "SEC Nation", which is the network's traveling football pregame show that visits location of the biggest conference game of the week. Tebow will make his debut on Monday, January 6 during ESPN's pregame coverage of the Vizio BCS National Championship. "SEC Nation" will then premiere during the Texas A&M-South Carolina game in Columbia, S.C., on August 28.
"Tim is an SEC icon with a national fan base and broad appeal. He will be a significant contributor to the compelling content we will deliver with the SEC Network," said Justin Connolly, ESPN senior vice president, programming, college networks. "Tim brings a wealth of knowledge about the game, the conference and the passion among SEC fans."
Despite the TV engagement, ESPN insisted that Tebow will continue pursuing opportunities in NFL. The fact is, the New England Patriots player was sat out this season and he has not found a job in the league since. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported in November that Tebow "hired prominent broadcast agent CAA's Nick Khan to join Jimmy Sexton in repping him. If no NFL, will look at college TV jobs."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber