Robert De Niro Eyed to Play Main Role in 'Gambling Man'
Robert De Niro is eyed for "Gambling Man". The "Godfather" actor is pursued to take on the lead role in Borsalino Films' upcoming big-screen project which will be adapted from best-selling casino book of the same title by casino mogul Gary Green.
"De Niro is certainly the most recognized of the actors we are eyeing for the lead in this landmark investment; but we there are several in contention and we have not even begun official talks," said Lu Nay of Puji Capital, one of the Shanghai China groups funding the film.
The book "traces the boss' personal escapades through the history of the casino world from the last days of Meyer Lansky to Green's adventures as a Donald Trump Vice President." No director and screenwriter have been announced for the feature film.
De Niro, 70, recently starred in "Last Vegas". His newest movies "American Hustle" and "Grudge Match" are currently playing in theaters. The former placed fourth at North American box office with an estimated $19.6 million over the holiday weekend, while the latter opened at No. 11 with only $7.3 million.
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer