Robert De Niro Eyed to Play Main Role in 'Gambling Man'
Robert De Niro is eyed for "Gambling Man". The "Godfather" actor is pursued to take on the lead role in Borsalino Films' upcoming big-screen project which will be adapted from best-selling casino book of the same title by casino mogul Gary Green.
"De Niro is certainly the most recognized of the actors we are eyeing for the lead in this landmark investment; but we there are several in contention and we have not even begun official talks," said Lu Nay of Puji Capital, one of the Shanghai China groups funding the film.
The book "traces the boss' personal escapades through the history of the casino world from the last days of Meyer Lansky to Green's adventures as a Donald Trump Vice President." No director and screenwriter have been announced for the feature film.
De Niro, 70, recently starred in "Last Vegas". His newest movies "American Hustle" and "Grudge Match" are currently playing in theaters. The former placed fourth at North American box office with an estimated $19.6 million over the holiday weekend, while the latter opened at No. 11 with only $7.3 million.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard