Robert De Niro Eyed to Play Main Role in 'Gambling Man'
Robert De Niro is eyed for "Gambling Man". The "Godfather" actor is pursued to take on the lead role in Borsalino Films' upcoming big-screen project which will be adapted from best-selling casino book of the same title by casino mogul Gary Green.
"De Niro is certainly the most recognized of the actors we are eyeing for the lead in this landmark investment; but we there are several in contention and we have not even begun official talks," said Lu Nay of Puji Capital, one of the Shanghai China groups funding the film.
The book "traces the boss' personal escapades through the history of the casino world from the last days of Meyer Lansky to Green's adventures as a Donald Trump Vice President." No director and screenwriter have been announced for the feature film.
De Niro, 70, recently starred in "Last Vegas". His newest movies "American Hustle" and "Grudge Match" are currently playing in theaters. The former placed fourth at North American box office with an estimated $19.6 million over the holiday weekend, while the latter opened at No. 11 with only $7.3 million.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'