Kanye West Plans to Stop Ranting for 'Six Months, at Least'
Kanye West has revealed his new year resolution. The "New Slaves" rapper announced a plan at his show in Toronto on December 23 that he would stop talking about someone in negative way at least for six months.
"Everything I'm saying that's not allowed, soak it in right now. ... This might be the last time y'all hear me talk sh*t for a long time. Might be another like six months. At least," he said during a 27-minute rant. "I've decided to completely focus everything in 2014, on new ideas and on creative outlets."
The rapper, who is known for making controversial comments, also addressed his previous statements about Nike and Grammy Awards. "I'm not [going to] ever bring up Nike again. And the only way I'll bring them up is in a positive light. Because I actually appreciate the opportunity to have been able to make my own shoe with them, and if I didn't have the opportunity I wouldn't have my deal I have with Adidas right now," West said.
"I'll never bring up the Grammys again in a negative light, because I actually appreciate the 21 Grammys that I did win," he continued. "Because I'm not [trying] to be a dude that has all the opportunities in the world and only focuses on the negative, or complains about it."
The fiance of Kim Kardashian previously said that "everyone at Nike, [CEO] Mark Parker just let go of culture" after they had disagreement about the production of their latest shoes. West then got upset after he was only nominated in two categories in the upcoming Grammy Awards. "And people come to me and congratulate me on those two nominations. f**k those nominations!" he said during his show in Phoenix earlier this month.
More Kanye West News
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon