'Rio 2' New Clip: Janelle Monae Sings on New Year's Eve
A new clip for "Rio 2" has arrived, showing a joyful celebration on New Year's Eve. The night sky is lighted up with fireworks and the street is crowded with people, as Blu, Jewel and their friends are partying and dancing to the uplifting track "What Is Love" by Janelle Monae.
Blu and Jewel are now a family with three kids. They leave their domesticated life in Rio de Janeiro and head out into the jungle to experience the wildlife. But things are much more different from what this family was used to back at their comfortable sanctuary in the city.
Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway are back to voice Blu and Jewel. They join the returning gang that include Nico the bottlecap-hat yellow canary (Jamie Foxx), Rafael the toco toucan (George Lopez), and Luiz the drooling bulldog (Tracy Morgan).
Jemaine Clement and Leslie Mann also return as Nigel the villainous cockatoo and Linda the human girl who adopted Blu. Andy Garcia will voice Jewel's long-lost father. There also are a rapping cardinal (will.i.am) and a poisonous tree frog (Kristin Chenoweth).
A sequel to 2011's animation "Rio", this 3D family-friendly movie is scheduled to be released on April 11, 2014.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival