Jon M. Chu Says Channing Tatum Won't Likely Return for 'G.I. Joe 3'
Jon M. Chu clarifies rumor that Duke might be brought back from the dead for the upcoming "G.I. Joe 3". Speaking to Coming Soon, the director says there is small chance Channing Tatum will reprise his role in the third film, but he notes that nothing has been set in stone just yet.
"It all gets carried away again. They asked me about Channing and I don't know. You never know in these movies, and that's all I said, and suddenly it became 'Channing Tatum might be back'," he clears up the rumor which apparently stemmed from his earlier interview.
He continues, "To me, every possibility is open and we're writing the script right now and we're figuring everything out," before adding, "It's an extremely low possibility when you kill somebody like that, it's pretty much it, but you never know with 'G.I. Joe.' We did that with Storm Shadow, too."
When asked if he plans to introduce new characters, Chu replies, "Yeah. I'm excited to bring in new characters and fun things beyond Bruce [Willis] and Dwayne ['The Rock' Johnson] that we're working on and some great villains, but we're forming those ideas now. I'm really excited - it's going to be a whole 'nother level."
The threequel hasn't got any release date, but the director already eyes a 2014 start date. "I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up," he says. Evan Daugherty ("Snow White and the Huntsman", "Divergent") is tapped to write the script.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'