Jon M. Chu Says Channing Tatum Won't Likely Return for 'G.I. Joe 3'
Jon M. Chu clarifies rumor that Duke might be brought back from the dead for the upcoming "G.I. Joe 3". Speaking to Coming Soon, the director says there is small chance Channing Tatum will reprise his role in the third film, but he notes that nothing has been set in stone just yet.
"It all gets carried away again. They asked me about Channing and I don't know. You never know in these movies, and that's all I said, and suddenly it became 'Channing Tatum might be back'," he clears up the rumor which apparently stemmed from his earlier interview.
He continues, "To me, every possibility is open and we're writing the script right now and we're figuring everything out," before adding, "It's an extremely low possibility when you kill somebody like that, it's pretty much it, but you never know with 'G.I. Joe.' We did that with Storm Shadow, too."
When asked if he plans to introduce new characters, Chu replies, "Yeah. I'm excited to bring in new characters and fun things beyond Bruce [Willis] and Dwayne ['The Rock' Johnson] that we're working on and some great villains, but we're forming those ideas now. I'm really excited - it's going to be a whole 'nother level."
The threequel hasn't got any release date, but the director already eyes a 2014 start date. "I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up," he says. Evan Daugherty ("Snow White and the Huntsman", "Divergent") is tapped to write the script.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed