Miley Cyrus Responds to Joe Jonas' Weed Smoking Admission
Miley Cyrus has defended herself following Joe Jonas' admission that he tried smoking weed for the first time after the twerking singer and Demi Lovato told him to try it. In a new interview with The New York Times, Miley said that the former boybander's decision at that time was not influenced by her or Demi.
"If you want to smoke weed, you're going to smoke weed. There's nothing that two little girls are going to get you to do that you don't want to do," she said. "I thought maybe he was saying that like it was going to make him look badass. We were so young that it's actually like, 'How did you get peer pressured by me?' "
The former Jonas Brothers member previously revealed in an essay for Vulture that he tried smoking weed with Miley and Demi. "The first time I smoked weed was with Demi [Lovato] and Miley [Cyrus]. I must have been 17 or 18. They kept saying, 'Try it! Try it!' so I gave it a shot, and it was all right. I don't even smoke weed that often anymore," he wrote.
Demi had reacted to the story in a Twitter post, writing, "I love you brother #family/friendsforver." The former coach of "The X Factor (US)" additionally said in an interview with E! News, "They're my brothers, I love them so much. Joe and I argue like brother and sister and [he's] always going to be in my life. He meant no harm and he's never had a chance to tell his side of the story so I'm proud of him."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'