Miley Cyrus Responds to Joe Jonas' Weed Smoking Admission
Miley Cyrus has defended herself following Joe Jonas' admission that he tried smoking weed for the first time after the twerking singer and Demi Lovato told him to try it. In a new interview with The New York Times, Miley said that the former boybander's decision at that time was not influenced by her or Demi.
"If you want to smoke weed, you're going to smoke weed. There's nothing that two little girls are going to get you to do that you don't want to do," she said. "I thought maybe he was saying that like it was going to make him look badass. We were so young that it's actually like, 'How did you get peer pressured by me?' "
The former Jonas Brothers member previously revealed in an essay for Vulture that he tried smoking weed with Miley and Demi. "The first time I smoked weed was with Demi [Lovato] and Miley [Cyrus]. I must have been 17 or 18. They kept saying, 'Try it! Try it!' so I gave it a shot, and it was all right. I don't even smoke weed that often anymore," he wrote.
Demi had reacted to the story in a Twitter post, writing, "I love you brother #family/friendsforver." The former coach of "The X Factor (US)" additionally said in an interview with E! News, "They're my brothers, I love them so much. Joe and I argue like brother and sister and [he's] always going to be in my life. He meant no harm and he's never had a chance to tell his side of the story so I'm proud of him."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role