Jonah Hill Says He Called Best Buy to Practice His 'Wolf of Wall Street' Role
Jonah Hill delivers an impressive performance in "The Wolf of Wall Street", thanks to Best Buy. The "21 Jump Street" actor reveals in an interview with Rolling Stone that making random calls to the retailer giant helped him get into his character.
Hill says he especially had to work on the way he speaks, "It was written into the script that I had crazy veneers that I wore. When I put them in for the first time I had this serious lisp; it was to the point where it was hard to hear me so I figured I needed to practice."
"None of my friends would stay on the phone and talk to me, so what I would do is call random Best Buy locations and ask for customer service and just chat with strangers. People hung up on me pretty quick but it did work after a number of those. I got rid of the lisp."
Directed by Martin Scorsese, the biographical black comedy is led by Leonardo DiCaprio as a New York stockbroker who refuses to cooperate in a large securities fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street, the corporate banking world, and mob infiltration. Hill plays his sidekick.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'