Jonah Hill Says He Called Best Buy to Practice His 'Wolf of Wall Street' Role
Jonah Hill delivers an impressive performance in "The Wolf of Wall Street", thanks to Best Buy. The "21 Jump Street" actor reveals in an interview with Rolling Stone that making random calls to the retailer giant helped him get into his character.
Hill says he especially had to work on the way he speaks, "It was written into the script that I had crazy veneers that I wore. When I put them in for the first time I had this serious lisp; it was to the point where it was hard to hear me so I figured I needed to practice."
"None of my friends would stay on the phone and talk to me, so what I would do is call random Best Buy locations and ask for customer service and just chat with strangers. People hung up on me pretty quick but it did work after a number of those. I got rid of the lisp."
Directed by Martin Scorsese, the biographical black comedy is led by Leonardo DiCaprio as a New York stockbroker who refuses to cooperate in a large securities fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street, the corporate banking world, and mob infiltration. Hill plays his sidekick.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby