Kristen Wiig Inspired by Ben Stiller to Become Director
Kristen Wiig reveals her directing dream. The "Bridesmaids" star explains that she is inspired to step behind the lens after watching Ben Stiller directing her latest movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" where he also plays the lead role.
"I've been wanting to direct for a really long time and watching someone like Ben, who's done it so many times and starring in the movie as well, was very inspiring to watch," she says. "I don't know if I would be in the movie that I would direct, at least not in the first one. It just seems like a lot to handle."
Of what her favorite kind of films, Wiig says, "I watch all kinds of movies," before adding, "I don't tend to watch horror movies. I don't see a lot of scary movies, but I watch a lot of other kind of movies. I like watching small movies, independent films."
The second adaptation of James Thurber's 1939 short story of the same name, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" comes out in the United States on December 25. It follows Walter Mitty the daydreamer who tries to get out of his head and faces the real world.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences