New 'Sherlock' Season 3 Promo Teases Sherlock and John's Reunion
New promo for "Sherlock" season 3 has shared spoilery scenes from the upcoming installment of the British series. Det. Greg Lestrade, apparently being involved in the title character's masterplan to fake his death and disappear, talks to a scruffy Sherlock that it's time for him to be back to Baker Street.
Sherlock later goes undercover as a waiter in a restaurant where John has a dinner with his lovely companion, played by Martin Freeman's real-life partner Amanda Abbington. But the doctor doesn't immediately notice it's Sherlock and he is seemingly not amused with the surprise.
"Sherlock" season 3 premieres January 19, 2014 on PBS. In the first episode titled "The Empty Hearse", "two years after the devastating effects of The Reichenbach Fall, Dr. John Watson has got on with his life. New horizons, romance and a comforting domestic future beckon."
"But, with London under threat of a huge terrorist attack, Sherlock Holmes is about to rise from the grave with all the theatricality that comes so naturally to him. It's what his best friend wanted more than anything, but for John Watson it might well be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'! If Sherlock thinks everything will be just as he left it though, he's in for a very big surprise."
Benedict Cumberbatch reprises his role as Sherlock Holmes.
More Sherlock News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2