Tom Cruise No Longer Suing Life and Style Publisher for 50 Million Dollars
Tom Cruise has reached the middle with Bauer Media Group whose daughter company Life & Style published a false story of him. The actor dropped the $50 million lawsuit against them on Friday, December 20 in a California federal court.
Per THR, the dismissal of the suit was agreed by both parties. No terms of settlement were revealed aside from both parties agreed to pay their own legal costs. Neither Cruise nor Bauer has commented on the suit dismissal.
Cruise sued the media group in October 2012 after hearing that he "abandoned" his daughter with Katie Holmes, Suri. He filed a declaration, saying "The assertion that I 'abandoned' Suri after my divorce is patently false. ...I have in no way cut Suri out of my life - whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise."
His lawyer Bert Fields said in a statement, "To say [Cruise] has 'abandoned' [Suri] is a vicious lie," adding "Tom doesn't go around suing people. He's not a litigious guy. But when these sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies about his relationship with his child, you bet he's going to sue."
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It