Tom Cruise No Longer Suing Life and Style Publisher for 50 Million Dollars
Tom Cruise has reached the middle with Bauer Media Group whose daughter company Life & Style published a false story of him. The actor dropped the $50 million lawsuit against them on Friday, December 20 in a California federal court.
Per THR, the dismissal of the suit was agreed by both parties. No terms of settlement were revealed aside from both parties agreed to pay their own legal costs. Neither Cruise nor Bauer has commented on the suit dismissal.
Cruise sued the media group in October 2012 after hearing that he "abandoned" his daughter with Katie Holmes, Suri. He filed a declaration, saying "The assertion that I 'abandoned' Suri after my divorce is patently false. ...I have in no way cut Suri out of my life - whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise."
His lawyer Bert Fields said in a statement, "To say [Cruise] has 'abandoned' [Suri] is a vicious lie," adding "Tom doesn't go around suing people. He's not a litigious guy. But when these sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies about his relationship with his child, you bet he's going to sue."
More Tom Cruise News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media