Tom Cruise No Longer Suing Life and Style Publisher for 50 Million Dollars
Tom Cruise has reached the middle with Bauer Media Group whose daughter company Life & Style published a false story of him. The actor dropped the $50 million lawsuit against them on Friday, December 20 in a California federal court.
Per THR, the dismissal of the suit was agreed by both parties. No terms of settlement were revealed aside from both parties agreed to pay their own legal costs. Neither Cruise nor Bauer has commented on the suit dismissal.
Cruise sued the media group in October 2012 after hearing that he "abandoned" his daughter with Katie Holmes, Suri. He filed a declaration, saying "The assertion that I 'abandoned' Suri after my divorce is patently false. ...I have in no way cut Suri out of my life - whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise."
His lawyer Bert Fields said in a statement, "To say [Cruise] has 'abandoned' [Suri] is a vicious lie," adding "Tom doesn't go around suing people. He's not a litigious guy. But when these sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies about his relationship with his child, you bet he's going to sue."
More Tom Cruise News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture