Arcade Fire Announced as Headliner at Glastonbury Festival
Arcade Fire has revealed that they will headline the 2014 Glastonbury festival. The rockers took to Twitter on Thursday, December 19 to make the announcement, posting the list of shows they're scheduled to play in June next year.
The band's Glastonbury gig will happen on June 27, 2014. Win Butler and his bandmates will also play shows at Rock In Roma on June 23, Villa Franca Di Verona on June 24, and Dublin's Marlay Park on June 29.
Emily Eavis, who organizes Glastonbury, has confirmed the news. "We're very happy to let you know that Arcade Fire are headlining next years Glastonbury. Happy Christmas to you all," she tweeted.
Arcade Fire has long been rumored to headline the U.K. annual festival. The Montreal-based group then hinted at the performance during an interview on BBC Radio earlier this year. At that time, Butler told fans that they should "get their wellies ready" for next summer.
Arcade Fire is currently on their ongoing world tour, which was launched in support of their criticially-acclaimed album, "Reflektor".
Next year, one week in June pic.twitter.com/mzfhRg0Ut0— Arcade Fire (@arcadefire) December 19, 2013
More Arcade Fire News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie