Arcade Fire Announced as Headliner at Glastonbury Festival
Arcade Fire has revealed that they will headline the 2014 Glastonbury festival. The rockers took to Twitter on Thursday, December 19 to make the announcement, posting the list of shows they're scheduled to play in June next year.
The band's Glastonbury gig will happen on June 27, 2014. Win Butler and his bandmates will also play shows at Rock In Roma on June 23, Villa Franca Di Verona on June 24, and Dublin's Marlay Park on June 29.
Emily Eavis, who organizes Glastonbury, has confirmed the news. "We're very happy to let you know that Arcade Fire are headlining next years Glastonbury. Happy Christmas to you all," she tweeted.
Arcade Fire has long been rumored to headline the U.K. annual festival. The Montreal-based group then hinted at the performance during an interview on BBC Radio earlier this year. At that time, Butler told fans that they should "get their wellies ready" for next summer.
Arcade Fire is currently on their ongoing world tour, which was launched in support of their criticially-acclaimed album, "Reflektor".
Next year, one week in June pic.twitter.com/mzfhRg0Ut0— Arcade Fire (@arcadefire) December 19, 2013
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video