Prince William Called Kate Middleton 'Babykins' When Dating, Hacked Voicemails Reveal
Private voicemails from Prince William to Kate Middleton in which he called her "baby" or "babykins" have been revealed during a phone-hacking trial. The messages, which were made when they were still dating, were read during a trial at London's Old Bailey court on Thursday, December 19.
"My head's all right. I've just picked up your message. Oh, my little babykins! I hope you are all right. I just tried ringing you but I do not think you would pick it up because it is 5.35 A.M. in the morning so it is probably not a very good time to ring you. I hope you are all right," Prince William said in a message.
In another message, Prince William told his then-girlfriend that he almost got shot during his officer training at Sandhurst. "Hi baby. Had a busy day today again. I've been running around the woods of Aldershot chasing shadows and getting terribly lost, and I walked into some other regiment's ambush, which was slightly embarrassing because I nearly got shot. Not by live rounds but by blank rounds, which would be very embarrassing though," he said.
As reported by Daily Mail, the prosecuting lawyer additionally read a transcript of a message which allegedly was made by Prince William to Prince Harry. Imitating Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy in high-pitched voice, the man who is believed to be William said, "Hi it's Chelsy here, I just want to say I miss you so much, and I think you're the most - best looking ginger I've ever seen." He added, "It's lovely out here in Africa and hopefully I'll see you very soon you big hairy fat ginger."
Former editor of News of the World Andy Coulson, former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and former managing editor Stuart Kuttner are accused of hacking phones between October 2000 and August 2006. The defendants denied all charges.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation