Ellen DeGeneres Leads Flashmob in 2014 Oscars Promo
Ellen DeGeneres suits up and takes over the town in the first promo for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. She invades the street with a large group of 250 tux-clad dancers, showing off her moves and lip-syncing Fitz and the Tantrums's new single "The Walker".
The video is directed by Paul Feig, the "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat" helmer who was recently admitted as an Academy member. The flashmob is choreographed by Stephen "tWitch" Boss, the former "So You Think You Can Dance" finalist who later landed a role in "Step Up" movie franchise.
The Academy will announce nominations on January 16, 2014 and reveal the winner in a live ceremony on March 2, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. It will mark the second time DeGeneres hosts the prestigious event. She previously presided over the 79th ceremony held in 2007.
Angelina Jolie will be honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work. Actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominees for Academy Honorary Award.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture