Ellen DeGeneres Leads Flashmob in 2014 Oscars Promo
Ellen DeGeneres suits up and takes over the town in the first promo for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. She invades the street with a large group of 250 tux-clad dancers, showing off her moves and lip-syncing Fitz and the Tantrums's new single "The Walker".
The video is directed by Paul Feig, the "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat" helmer who was recently admitted as an Academy member. The flashmob is choreographed by Stephen "tWitch" Boss, the former "So You Think You Can Dance" finalist who later landed a role in "Step Up" movie franchise.
The Academy will announce nominations on January 16, 2014 and reveal the winner in a live ceremony on March 2, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. It will mark the second time DeGeneres hosts the prestigious event. She previously presided over the 79th ceremony held in 2007.
Angelina Jolie will be honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work. Actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominees for Academy Honorary Award.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says