Ellen DeGeneres Leads Flashmob in 2014 Oscars Promo
Ellen DeGeneres suits up and takes over the town in the first promo for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. She invades the street with a large group of 250 tux-clad dancers, showing off her moves and lip-syncing Fitz and the Tantrums's new single "The Walker".
The video is directed by Paul Feig, the "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat" helmer who was recently admitted as an Academy member. The flashmob is choreographed by Stephen "tWitch" Boss, the former "So You Think You Can Dance" finalist who later landed a role in "Step Up" movie franchise.
The Academy will announce nominations on January 16, 2014 and reveal the winner in a live ceremony on March 2, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. It will mark the second time DeGeneres hosts the prestigious event. She previously presided over the 79th ceremony held in 2007.
Angelina Jolie will be honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work. Actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominees for Academy Honorary Award.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed