Katie Couric's Syndicated Talk Show Officially Canceled
Katie Couric's syndicated talk show, "Katie", has been canceled after two seasons. The veteran journalist and Disney/ABC jointly announced the cancellation on Thursday, December 19, claiming that it was a mutual decision.
"We've mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show," the two parties said in a statement. "We're very proud of everyone's contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season." Production on the show will continue until June 2014.
The decision comes a month after Couric announced that she would leave ABC News for Yahoo. The former "Today" host is going to join the Silicon Valley tech company as its global anchor in 2014.
"I will be involved in developing a lot of concepts, but not necessarily doing everything. I will be doing interviews, but not on a daily basis. Probably monthly at this point," the 56-year-old journalist explained her new role at Yahoo.
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos