Katie Couric's Syndicated Talk Show Officially Canceled
Katie Couric's syndicated talk show, "Katie", has been canceled after two seasons. The veteran journalist and Disney/ABC jointly announced the cancellation on Thursday, December 19, claiming that it was a mutual decision.
"We've mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show," the two parties said in a statement. "We're very proud of everyone's contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season." Production on the show will continue until June 2014.
The decision comes a month after Couric announced that she would leave ABC News for Yahoo. The former "Today" host is going to join the Silicon Valley tech company as its global anchor in 2014.
"I will be involved in developing a lot of concepts, but not necessarily doing everything. I will be doing interviews, but not on a daily basis. Probably monthly at this point," the 56-year-old journalist explained her new role at Yahoo.
More Katie Couric News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie