Katie Couric's Syndicated Talk Show Officially Canceled
Katie Couric's syndicated talk show, "Katie", has been canceled after two seasons. The veteran journalist and Disney/ABC jointly announced the cancellation on Thursday, December 19, claiming that it was a mutual decision.
"We've mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show," the two parties said in a statement. "We're very proud of everyone's contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season." Production on the show will continue until June 2014.
The decision comes a month after Couric announced that she would leave ABC News for Yahoo. The former "Today" host is going to join the Silicon Valley tech company as its global anchor in 2014.
"I will be involved in developing a lot of concepts, but not necessarily doing everything. I will be doing interviews, but not on a daily basis. Probably monthly at this point," the 56-year-old journalist explained her new role at Yahoo.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit