'X-Men: Days of Future Past' and 'X2' Writers Hired for 'Apocalypse'
The screenwriting team for "X-Men: Apocalypse" has been assembled. Simon Kinberg who wrote the screenplay for the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is rehired to team up with Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris who scripted 2003's "X-Men 2" for Bryan Singer.
The director announced the news on Twitter by posting a picture of him sitting down with the trio for what looked like a brainstorming meeting. "Late night #XMen #Apocalypse story session. #SimonKinberg @DanimalHarris @Mike_Dougherty It's snowing in Egypt!" so he wrote.
Rumor has it, the titular character in "Apocalypse" will be introduced in the credit scene at the end of time-travelling "Days of Future Past" which will arrive in the U.S. on May 23, 2014. [SPOILER ALERT!] The villain allegedly will merge into Magneto's body. The sequel is set to follow on May 27, 2016.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2