'X-Men: Days of Future Past' and 'X2' Writers Hired for 'Apocalypse'
The screenwriting team for "X-Men: Apocalypse" has been assembled. Simon Kinberg who wrote the screenplay for the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is rehired to team up with Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris who scripted 2003's "X-Men 2" for Bryan Singer.
The director announced the news on Twitter by posting a picture of him sitting down with the trio for what looked like a brainstorming meeting. "Late night #XMen #Apocalypse story session. #SimonKinberg @DanimalHarris @Mike_Dougherty It's snowing in Egypt!" so he wrote.
Rumor has it, the titular character in "Apocalypse" will be introduced in the credit scene at the end of time-travelling "Days of Future Past" which will arrive in the U.S. on May 23, 2014. [SPOILER ALERT!] The villain allegedly will merge into Magneto's body. The sequel is set to follow on May 27, 2016.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences