'X-Men: Days of Future Past' and 'X2' Writers Hired for 'Apocalypse'
The screenwriting team for "X-Men: Apocalypse" has been assembled. Simon Kinberg who wrote the screenplay for the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is rehired to team up with Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris who scripted 2003's "X-Men 2" for Bryan Singer.
The director announced the news on Twitter by posting a picture of him sitting down with the trio for what looked like a brainstorming meeting. "Late night #XMen #Apocalypse story session. #SimonKinberg @DanimalHarris @Mike_Dougherty It's snowing in Egypt!" so he wrote.
Rumor has it, the titular character in "Apocalypse" will be introduced in the credit scene at the end of time-travelling "Days of Future Past" which will arrive in the U.S. on May 23, 2014. [SPOILER ALERT!] The villain allegedly will merge into Magneto's body. The sequel is set to follow on May 27, 2016.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant