Bonnie McKee Shows Off Her Amazing Vocal in 'Hallelujah' Video
Bonnie McKee celebrates the holidays by releasing a video of her covering Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". In the four-minute clip, the singer is seen performing the song while sitting comfortably in front of a fireplace. She's joined by a friend who plays the guitar for her.
"I wanted to make a video for the holidays but none of the traditional holiday songs were moving me," McKee told Rolling Stone of covering Cohen's classic. "I know 'Hallelujah' isn't actually a Christmas song, but it has that cozy, haunting vibe that sounds like a winter's night and belongs by a fire."
"It's still and reflective, one of the most beautiful descriptions of the sparkling highs and devastating lows of falling in love, and perfectly captures the thrilling rapture and free-falling fear we feel when we dare to really show ourselves to another person. This is my interpretation of Leonard Cohen's poetic masterpiece," she added.
McKee has been known for penning hits for the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha and Christina Aguilera. Earlier this year, she released her own single called "American Girl". She's currently readying a new album which is expected to drop next year.
Bonnie McKee's "Hallelujah" music video
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes