Bonnie McKee Shows Off Her Amazing Vocal in 'Hallelujah' Video
Bonnie McKee celebrates the holidays by releasing a video of her covering Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". In the four-minute clip, the singer is seen performing the song while sitting comfortably in front of a fireplace. She's joined by a friend who plays the guitar for her.
"I wanted to make a video for the holidays but none of the traditional holiday songs were moving me," McKee told Rolling Stone of covering Cohen's classic. "I know 'Hallelujah' isn't actually a Christmas song, but it has that cozy, haunting vibe that sounds like a winter's night and belongs by a fire."
"It's still and reflective, one of the most beautiful descriptions of the sparkling highs and devastating lows of falling in love, and perfectly captures the thrilling rapture and free-falling fear we feel when we dare to really show ourselves to another person. This is my interpretation of Leonard Cohen's poetic masterpiece," she added.
McKee has been known for penning hits for the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha and Christina Aguilera. Earlier this year, she released her own single called "American Girl". She's currently readying a new album which is expected to drop next year.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money