Bonnie McKee Shows Off Her Amazing Vocal in 'Hallelujah' Video
Bonnie McKee celebrates the holidays by releasing a video of her covering Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". In the four-minute clip, the singer is seen performing the song while sitting comfortably in front of a fireplace. She's joined by a friend who plays the guitar for her.
"I wanted to make a video for the holidays but none of the traditional holiday songs were moving me," McKee told Rolling Stone of covering Cohen's classic. "I know 'Hallelujah' isn't actually a Christmas song, but it has that cozy, haunting vibe that sounds like a winter's night and belongs by a fire."
"It's still and reflective, one of the most beautiful descriptions of the sparkling highs and devastating lows of falling in love, and perfectly captures the thrilling rapture and free-falling fear we feel when we dare to really show ourselves to another person. This is my interpretation of Leonard Cohen's poetic masterpiece," she added.
McKee has been known for penning hits for the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha and Christina Aguilera. Earlier this year, she released her own single called "American Girl". She's currently readying a new album which is expected to drop next year.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd