Bonnie McKee Shows Off Her Amazing Vocal in 'Hallelujah' Video
Bonnie McKee celebrates the holidays by releasing a video of her covering Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". In the four-minute clip, the singer is seen performing the song while sitting comfortably in front of a fireplace. She's joined by a friend who plays the guitar for her.
"I wanted to make a video for the holidays but none of the traditional holiday songs were moving me," McKee told Rolling Stone of covering Cohen's classic. "I know 'Hallelujah' isn't actually a Christmas song, but it has that cozy, haunting vibe that sounds like a winter's night and belongs by a fire."
"It's still and reflective, one of the most beautiful descriptions of the sparkling highs and devastating lows of falling in love, and perfectly captures the thrilling rapture and free-falling fear we feel when we dare to really show ourselves to another person. This is my interpretation of Leonard Cohen's poetic masterpiece," she added.
McKee has been known for penning hits for the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha and Christina Aguilera. Earlier this year, she released her own single called "American Girl". She's currently readying a new album which is expected to drop next year.
Bonnie McKee's "Hallelujah" music video
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer