Lorde Says She Has 'Nothing Against Anyone Getting Naked'
Lorde says it is not necessary for her to promote her music using sexuality. The New Zealand-born singer talks about female singers using sexuality for their benefits in a new interview with V magazine, saying that she has nothing against the behavior.
"People like to paint me in a certain way, but I'm a hugely sex-positive person and I have nothing against anyone getting naked. For me personally I just don't think it really would complement my music in any way or help me tell a story any better. It's not like I have a problem with dancing around in undies - I think you can use that stuff in a hugely powerful way. It just hasn't felt necessary for me," she explains.
Speaking of her skyrocketing fame, the "Royals" singer says, "It's pretty mental, really. I made this music in New Zealand at 15 years old with my producer, who was 28 - just these two random losers, really. Now all these people like it, and they care about what I have to say, which is nice, because I'm the weirdo for sure. For the most part, people have been really supportive. I feel very grateful."
The 17-year-old star, who has been involved with record companies since she was 12, added, "The power and control is with the young people now. It seems like for a while the pop industry has been run by a bunch of 40-year-olds. I feel like maybe that's about to change. There are young people doing such incredible things creatively at the moment. It feels good."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?