Hugh Jackman Courted to Play Blackbeard in Peter Pan Origin Film
Hugh Jackman is approached to play pirate Captain Blackbeard in Warner Bros' upcoming Peter Pan origin movie, Variety learns. Javier Bardem was previously offered the coveted role, but he reportedly turned it down.
Rumor has it, Blackbeard is set to be the main villain while Captain Hook will be Peter Pan's close ally before they get estranged later. Ryan Gosling was among the candidates considered to take on the role of Hook, but he rejected.
Open casting is expected to be held to find the right actor for the title character. For the leading lady, the studio is allegedly looking for an actress in her mid-20s to play Tiger Lily.
Joe Wright ("Anna Karenina", "Atonement", "Hanna") will direct "Peter Pan (2015)", with the script by Jason Fuchs ("Ice Age: Continental Drift"). The film will make its debut in theaters across the country on June 26, going head to head with "Ted 2".
Jackman was last seen in "Prisoners" and will next reprise his superhero role as Wolverine in "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
More Pan News
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'