Hugh Jackman Courted to Play Blackbeard in Peter Pan Origin Film
Hugh Jackman is approached to play pirate Captain Blackbeard in Warner Bros' upcoming Peter Pan origin movie, Variety learns. Javier Bardem was previously offered the coveted role, but he reportedly turned it down.
Rumor has it, Blackbeard is set to be the main villain while Captain Hook will be Peter Pan's close ally before they get estranged later. Ryan Gosling was among the candidates considered to take on the role of Hook, but he rejected.
Open casting is expected to be held to find the right actor for the title character. For the leading lady, the studio is allegedly looking for an actress in her mid-20s to play Tiger Lily.
Joe Wright ("Anna Karenina", "Atonement", "Hanna") will direct "Peter Pan (2015)", with the script by Jason Fuchs ("Ice Age: Continental Drift"). The film will make its debut in theaters across the country on June 26, going head to head with "Ted 2".
Jackman was last seen in "Prisoners" and will next reprise his superhero role as Wolverine in "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
More Pan News
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name