Beyonce's New Album Tops Billboard 200, R. Kelly's 'Black Panties' Arrives at No. 4
As it was previously reported, Beyonce Knowles' new self-titled album "Beyonce" enters Billbord 200 at No. 1. Nielsen Soundscan reports that the 14-song and 17-music video set, which arrived unexpectedly on Friday, December 13, has sold 617,000 copies in its first week.
It marks the singer's fifth consecutive studio album to top the chart. It also gives Beyonce her biggest sales week, surpassing her 2006 album "B'Day" which opened with 541,000. "Beyonce" is currently available only on iTunes, while other retailers will receive the album's physical copy between December 18 and December 20.
The newest record by the former Destiny's Child member immediately dethrones last week's No. 1, Garth Brooks' "Blame It All on My Roots". The country superstar's 6-CD and 2-DVD set falls to No. 2 with 172,000.
Staying at No. 3, Kelly Clarkson's "Wrapped in Red" sells additional 136,000. Another new entry on the top 10 this week is R. Kelly's "Black Panties", which arrives at No. 4 with 133,000. It's the highest charting album for the R&B singer since his "Untitled" debuted and peaked at No. 4 back in 2009.
One Direction's "Midnight Memories" slips to No. 5 from last week's No. 2 after selling 123,000. The Robertsons' Christmas album, "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas" dips to No. 6 with 108,000.
At No. 7, Donald Glover a.k.a. Childish Gambino scores his best sales week and highest charting album with "Because the Internet". Gambino's second album opens with 96,000, surpassing the sales of his first release, 2011's "Camp" which debuted and peaked at No. 11 with 52,000.
Eminem's "MMLP2" descends from No. 6 to No. 8 with 83,000, while Katy Perry's "Prism" spends another week at No. 9 with 59,000. Rounding out the top 10 is the soundtrack to animated movie by Disney, "Frozen (2013)". Rising from last week's No. 11, the album sells 56,000.
- "Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles (617,000)
- "Blame It All on My Roots" - Garth Brooks (172,000)
- "Wrapped in Red" - Kelly Clarkson (136,000)
- "Black Panties" - R. Kelly (133,000)
- "Midnight Memories" - One Direction (123,000)
- "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas" - "Duck Dynasty" Cast (108,000)
- "Because the Internet" - Donald Glover a.k.a. Childish Gambino (96,000)
- "MMLP2" - Eminem (83,000)
- "Prism" - Katy Perry (59,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (56,000)
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation