'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Gets First Trailer
The first trailer for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has arrived for viewing pleasure, giving a look at the events after 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". A number of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier are gathering in an abandoned building.
"We've been through hell together," a human leader speaks. "We spent four years - four years - fighting that virus and another four fighting each other. It was chaos. But you all know what we're up against. And I want you to know, it's not just about power, it's about giving us the hope to rebuild, to reclaim the world that we lost."
On the opposite side in the middle of jungle, a fearless Caesar and his ape army are all ready to defend themselves against the human's strikes as the two races are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
Directed by Mat Reeves, it will see Andy Serkis returning as Caesar and Judy Greer portraying Caesar's love interest. The likes of Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Keri Russell are added to replace the human cast in the first film previously led by James Franco.
The sci-fi film will be released in the U.S. on July 11, 2014.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed