'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Gets First Trailer
The first trailer for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has arrived for viewing pleasure, giving a look at the events after 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". A number of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier are gathering in an abandoned building.
"We've been through hell together," a human leader speaks. "We spent four years - four years - fighting that virus and another four fighting each other. It was chaos. But you all know what we're up against. And I want you to know, it's not just about power, it's about giving us the hope to rebuild, to reclaim the world that we lost."
On the opposite side in the middle of jungle, a fearless Caesar and his ape army are all ready to defend themselves against the human's strikes as the two races are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
Directed by Mat Reeves, it will see Andy Serkis returning as Caesar and Judy Greer portraying Caesar's love interest. The likes of Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Keri Russell are added to replace the human cast in the first film previously led by James Franco.
The sci-fi film will be released in the U.S. on July 11, 2014.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video