Speed Was Sole Factor on Paul Walker's Death, Official Said
Speed is blamed as the sole factor on Paul Walker's death. An unnamed law enforcement official with the knowledge of the investigation revealed that the Porsche driver, Walker's pal Roger Rodas, lost control of the car due to "speed, and speed alone."
Investigators did not find any mechanical difficulties with the Porsche before it crashed on November 30 in Santa Clarita, Calif. There was also no proof that debris in the roadway caused the car to smash into a light pole and tree.
Porsche engineers from Germany will come to California mid-January to extract information from on-board data collectors. The speed the car was in will be revealed then. The other two black boxes from the burnt car will also be attached to another Porsche Carrera GT to reveal whether the airbags deployed upon impact and how much gas was going into the engine.
"We're going to have to discuss how we'll do this when we meet with them," a source told NY Daily News. "We will bring the modules to them and work out what we do from there. We would like to keep things under our control. We discussed possibly renting another GT to plug them in. ...I'm not really sure about the level of encryption in this case, but in other cases, we've been able to download and get the data in 10 minutes."
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch