Speed Was Sole Factor on Paul Walker's Death, Official Said
Speed is blamed as the sole factor on Paul Walker's death. An unnamed law enforcement official with the knowledge of the investigation revealed that the Porsche driver, Walker's pal Roger Rodas, lost control of the car due to "speed, and speed alone."
Investigators did not find any mechanical difficulties with the Porsche before it crashed on November 30 in Santa Clarita, Calif. There was also no proof that debris in the roadway caused the car to smash into a light pole and tree.
Porsche engineers from Germany will come to California mid-January to extract information from on-board data collectors. The speed the car was in will be revealed then. The other two black boxes from the burnt car will also be attached to another Porsche Carrera GT to reveal whether the airbags deployed upon impact and how much gas was going into the engine.
"We're going to have to discuss how we'll do this when we meet with them," a source told NY Daily News. "We will bring the modules to them and work out what we do from there. We would like to keep things under our control. We discussed possibly renting another GT to plug them in. ...I'm not really sure about the level of encryption in this case, but in other cases, we've been able to download and get the data in 10 minutes."
More Paul Walker News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber