Demi Lovato Planning to Quit 'The X Factor'
There's a word going around that Demi Lovato is on the verge of leaving her judging seat on "The X Factor (US)". Planning to focus on her music, the 21-year-old singer is due to embark on her first arena tour next year.
"She plans to spend next year completely focused on her music," a source told People. Lovato, who has joined the competition show since 2012, has enjoyed her stint but the show's demanding schedule conflicted with her plans for 2014.
Lovato released her fourth studio album in May this year but she has been occupied with the show that she didn't have a chance to tour in support of the effort. Her tour will kick off February 9 in Vancouver, featuring "X Factor" alumni Cher Lloyd, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony.
"The X Factor" season 3 finale aired Wednesday, December 18. It has not exactly been a good year rating-wise even after the addition of Paulina Rubio and Kelly Rowland. The recent season's premiere was down 22% from season 2 outing and the rating had steadily declined over the weeks. There's a rumor that the show will get the axe, and Lovato's exit will be untimely.
Lovato has not confirmed the report but hinted previously that she would love to take a break. "I will take the month of January completely off!" she said. "I want to vacation! I want to watch crime shows on my DVR on my couch ... I need to do some exercising and I don't really have time to do it. I love horseback riding and never get to do that stuff, but January is my time to do all of that."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed