Demi Lovato Planning to Quit 'The X Factor'
There's a word going around that Demi Lovato is on the verge of leaving her judging seat on "The X Factor (US)". Planning to focus on her music, the 21-year-old singer is due to embark on her first arena tour next year.
"She plans to spend next year completely focused on her music," a source told People. Lovato, who has joined the competition show since 2012, has enjoyed her stint but the show's demanding schedule conflicted with her plans for 2014.
Lovato released her fourth studio album in May this year but she has been occupied with the show that she didn't have a chance to tour in support of the effort. Her tour will kick off February 9 in Vancouver, featuring "X Factor" alumni Cher Lloyd, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony.
"The X Factor" season 3 finale aired Wednesday, December 18. It has not exactly been a good year rating-wise even after the addition of Paulina Rubio and Kelly Rowland. The recent season's premiere was down 22% from season 2 outing and the rating had steadily declined over the weeks. There's a rumor that the show will get the axe, and Lovato's exit will be untimely.
Lovato has not confirmed the report but hinted previously that she would love to take a break. "I will take the month of January completely off!" she said. "I want to vacation! I want to watch crime shows on my DVR on my couch ... I need to do some exercising and I don't really have time to do it. I love horseback riding and never get to do that stuff, but January is my time to do all of that."
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder