Colin Farrell Says He Wanted to Be Elizabeth Taylor's Eighth Husband
Colin Farrell revealed that he had romantic relationship with the late Elizabeth Taylor. Stopping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Monday, December 16, the "Saving Mr. Banks" star said that the relationship started after they met at Cedars Sinai Hospital.
At that time, the actor was having his son Henry while Taylor had a heart stent. He met Taylor's manager at the hospital and offered his greeting. "I got home a few days later with Henry," he recalled. Farrell later contacted his publicist to say if he could send some flowers to Taylor, only to find that the actress had sent an orchid and handwritten message to him.
A week later, the 37-year-old actor visited her at the hospital. "And that was the beginning of a year and a half or two years of what was a really cool [relationship]," Farrell said.
In the Monday episode, Farrell also revealed that he and Taylor talked on the phone for hours at night. "She wasn't much of a sleeper at night, like I'm not. I'd call her at two in the morning, and the nurse would answer the phone, and I'd say, 'Is she awake?' ... And then I'd be on the phone and I'd hear, 'Hello?' And I'd go, 'How's it going?' And we'd talk for a half an hour, an hour, into the wee hours," he told Ellen DeGeneres.
"It was kind of like the last, it feels like in my head, not hers. I'm projecting ... But the last kind of romantic relationship I had. Which was never consummated," he said. "She was a spectacular, spectacular woman. I wanted to be [husband] number eight, but we ran out of road." Taylor passed away in 2011.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'