Bradley Cooper: I Wanted to 'Kill Myself' During 'Alias'
Bradley Cooper talks about hard time on "Alias" and sobriety in an interview with GQ. Gracing the cover of its January issue in a dark suit, the Oscar-nominated actor discusses his less and less prominent role as Jennifer Garner's friend on the TV series.
"I would only work three days a week. And then for the second season, I got even more sidelined. I was like, 'Ugh.' And then next thing you know, I was like, 'I want to f**king kill myself,' " he reveals. Although people close to Cooper were against his decision, the actor later decided to meet the show's creator J.J. Abrams and asked to be written off the series. "J.J. was like, 'Okay.' He probably would've fired me, anyway."
The "American Hustle" star additionally opens up about dealing with alcohol and drug addictions, admitting that they "hindered the work." He adds, "I think work was getting f**ked up. ... If I continued it, I was really going to sabotage my whole life." The 38-year-old star has been sober since nine years ago.
After dealing with the issues, Cooper took roles offered to him and he felt happy. "I was doing these movies, and I got to meet Sandra Bullock and meet these people and work with them. And I'm sober, and I'm like, 'Oh, I'm actually myself. And I don't have to put on this air to be somebody else, and this person still wants to work with me? Oh, what the f**k is that about?' I was rediscovering myself in this workplace, and it was wonderful," he says.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen