New 'Penny Dreadful' Teaser Shows the Demon Inside Eva Green
Showtime has released a fresh teaser of new series "Penny Dreadful", giving the first official look at Eva Green in character. Donning a black dress, she's featured humming a prayer before she's seemingly getting possessed by the devil.
On the psycho-sexual horror show, the "300: Rise of an Empire" actress portrays Vanessa Ives, a "seductive and formidable beauty full of secrets and danger." She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and is the heroine of the series.
Created by John Logan, the show takes place in Victorian London and weaves together the classic origin stories of horror icons like Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Grey, and several characters from the novel Dracula.
Josh Hartnett lands a role as Ethan Chandler, a fake American cowboy who impresses Victorian women, but has a dark side. He isn't afraid of violence and is more complicated than he likes to admit.
Harry Treadaway will play Victor Frankenstein, Reeve Carney is cast as the immortal Dorian Gray, and Billie Piper stars as Brona Croft, an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
Logan serves as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes and Pippa Harris. "The Orphanage" director Juan Antonio Bayona helmed the first two episodes of the show, which is slated to debut in spring 2014.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet