Pharrell Williams Signs to Columbia Records, Readies Album for 2014
Pharrell Williams has signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, the label announced on Tuesday, December 17. The Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer was previously signed to Interscope Records, where he released his 2006 solo debut album "In My Mind".
Pharrell is now set to release an album in 2014. The yet-to-be-titled set will include "Happy", a single featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Last month, Pharrel gave the track a 24-hour music video.
"When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again," Columbia Records boss Rob Stringer said in a statement. "Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
This is a great year for Pharrell. He's featured in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", which are two of best-selling songs of 2013. Additionally, the musician received seven Grammy nominations, including Producer of the Year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers