Pharrell Williams Signs to Columbia Records, Readies Album for 2014
Pharrell Williams has signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, the label announced on Tuesday, December 17. The Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer was previously signed to Interscope Records, where he released his 2006 solo debut album "In My Mind".
Pharrell is now set to release an album in 2014. The yet-to-be-titled set will include "Happy", a single featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Last month, Pharrel gave the track a 24-hour music video.
"When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again," Columbia Records boss Rob Stringer said in a statement. "Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
This is a great year for Pharrell. He's featured in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", which are two of best-selling songs of 2013. Additionally, the musician received seven Grammy nominations, including Producer of the Year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry