Pharrell Williams Signs to Columbia Records, Readies Album for 2014
Pharrell Williams has signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, the label announced on Tuesday, December 17. The Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer was previously signed to Interscope Records, where he released his 2006 solo debut album "In My Mind".
Pharrell is now set to release an album in 2014. The yet-to-be-titled set will include "Happy", a single featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Last month, Pharrel gave the track a 24-hour music video.
"When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again," Columbia Records boss Rob Stringer said in a statement. "Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
This is a great year for Pharrell. He's featured in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", which are two of best-selling songs of 2013. Additionally, the musician received seven Grammy nominations, including Producer of the Year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order