Pharrell Williams Signs to Columbia Records, Readies Album for 2014
Pharrell Williams has signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, the label announced on Tuesday, December 17. The Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer was previously signed to Interscope Records, where he released his 2006 solo debut album "In My Mind".
Pharrell is now set to release an album in 2014. The yet-to-be-titled set will include "Happy", a single featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Last month, Pharrel gave the track a 24-hour music video.
"When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again," Columbia Records boss Rob Stringer said in a statement. "Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
This is a great year for Pharrell. He's featured in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", which are two of best-selling songs of 2013. Additionally, the musician received seven Grammy nominations, including Producer of the Year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen