Pharrell Williams Signs to Columbia Records, Readies Album for 2014
Pharrell Williams has signed a recording contract with Columbia Records, the label announced on Tuesday, December 17. The Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer was previously signed to Interscope Records, where he released his 2006 solo debut album "In My Mind".
Pharrell is now set to release an album in 2014. The yet-to-be-titled set will include "Happy", a single featured in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2". Last month, Pharrel gave the track a 24-hour music video.
"When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again," Columbia Records boss Rob Stringer said in a statement. "Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
This is a great year for Pharrell. He's featured in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", which are two of best-selling songs of 2013. Additionally, the musician received seven Grammy nominations, including Producer of the Year.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!