Josh Gad to Write and Star in 'Gilligan's Island' Movie
A movie based on the classic CBS sitcom "Gilligan's Island" is in development. According to Deadline, "1600 Penn" star Josh Gad is tapped to write the big-screen adaptation with "1600 Penn" writers Benji Samit and Dan Hernandez for Warner Bros. He is also attached to play one of the roles.
Lloyd and Ross Schwartz, the children of Sherwood Schwartz who produced the original TV series and died in 2011, will executive produce the movie with Tracey and Cathy Silvers, the daughters of late actor/producer Phil Silvers who once guest starred in at least one memorable episode of the series.
The TV show aired for three seasons from 1964-1967. It followed seven survivors of a ship wreckage as they were stranded on an isolated island and attempted to survive their plight. It starred Bob Denver, Alan Hale Jr., Jim Backus, Natalie Schafer, Tina Louise, Russell Johnson, and Dawn Wells.
Gad was last seen on the big screen playing Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak in Steve Jobs biographical drama "jOBS". He recently voiced the talking snowman in Disney's animation "Frozen (2013)" and will next appear in dramedy "Wish I Was Here" starring Zach Braff and Kate Hudson.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship