Josh Gad to Write and Star in 'Gilligan's Island' Movie
A movie based on the classic CBS sitcom "Gilligan's Island" is in development. According to Deadline, "1600 Penn" star Josh Gad is tapped to write the big-screen adaptation with "1600 Penn" writers Benji Samit and Dan Hernandez for Warner Bros. He is also attached to play one of the roles.
Lloyd and Ross Schwartz, the children of Sherwood Schwartz who produced the original TV series and died in 2011, will executive produce the movie with Tracey and Cathy Silvers, the daughters of late actor/producer Phil Silvers who once guest starred in at least one memorable episode of the series.
The TV show aired for three seasons from 1964-1967. It followed seven survivors of a ship wreckage as they were stranded on an isolated island and attempted to survive their plight. It starred Bob Denver, Alan Hale Jr., Jim Backus, Natalie Schafer, Tina Louise, Russell Johnson, and Dawn Wells.
Gad was last seen on the big screen playing Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak in Steve Jobs biographical drama "jOBS". He recently voiced the talking snowman in Disney's animation "Frozen (2013)" and will next appear in dramedy "Wish I Was Here" starring Zach Braff and Kate Hudson.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says