John Mayer and Katy Perry's 'Who You Love' Music Video Premiered
John Mayer and Katy Perry rode a mechanical bull in the desert for "Who You Love" music video, joined by other real-life couples. The lovebirds' collaborative music video was premiered on Tuesday, December 17 on "Good Morning America".
"We set the casting call up for real couples. It's just so authentic ... they were having a great time," Mayer said of the Sophie Muller-directed video. "There's nothing scripted in that video except putting the bull in the middle of the desert." The video also displayed Mayer and Perry's intimacy and ended with confetti splash and her giggle.
Perry explained the meaning of the video, "Relationships are kind of like riding a bull - you hold on for dear life. Sometimes you get a little a little buck here and there, but you get back on."
The song is released as the third single off Mayer's album "Paradise Valley". He told Billboard, "I love you based on the fact that I've tried to run and I'm not running and I give up." Perry wrote her lines in the song as sort of an answer to his lines.
Mayer was first hesitant to include his girlfriend in his album. "The very first thought was you can't do that and then the more I thought about just the music part of it, it made perfect sense, even if I didn't know Katy, it would have made perfect sense," Mayer said. "I went in the other room [and] called her phone."
Perry herself is a fan of Mayer, telling Marie Claire, "[He]'s just a fantastic partner. I've been a fan of his for such a long time. He's got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It's a rad, mature relationship."
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms