Harrowing Trailer for 'Lizzie Borden Took an Ax' Starring Christina Ricci
Lifetime has unleashed the first trailer for "Lizzie Borden Took an Ax", which is based on a true story of the 1892 axe murders of Andrew Jackson Borden and his second wife, Abby Durfee Gray Borden. Christina Ricci gets the spotlight in the promo video featuring the case's popular skipping-rope rhyme as she takes on the title role.
The former "Pan Am" star channels a cold-blooded murderer in the trailer as well as the TV movie. Her character is accused of the brutal murder with a hatchet-type weapon of her father and stepmother.
The telepic focuses on Liz's trial, which drew national attention. She was acquitted at the trial and no one else was ever charged with the crime, which has remained unsolved. Despite being found guilty in the court of public opinion in her native town, at least in some circles, Liz lived in Fall River for the rest of her life.
Billy Campbell stars as Lizzie's lawyer Andrew Jennings and Clea DuVall is cast as her sister Emma. Nick Gomez directs the TV movie with the script written by Stephen Kay. It will premiere January 25 at 8 P.M. ET on Lifetime.
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie