Miley Cyrus on Liam Hemsworth Split: 'I Was So Scared of Ever Being Alone'
Miley Cyrus talks about her broken engagement from Liam Hemsworth in an interview for upcoming ABC News special "Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013". Speaking to Barbara Walters, the "Wrecking Ball" singer admits that her relationship with the star of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" moved too fast.
"I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," Miley tells Barbara, as quoted by ABC News. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."
The 21-year-old star continues, "I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged. It was so fun wearing a fat rock (diamond ring) for a few years. But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy. I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself." In the interview, the veteran host also asks if Miley wants to get married. "I think I'll want that in the times that it needs to be," she answers.
Miley and Liam met on the set of movie "The Last Song" in 2009. After getting engaged three years later, the couple announced their split in September 2013. Barbara's full interview with Miley will air on Wednesday, December 18 at 9:30 P.M. ET.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show