Miley Cyrus on Liam Hemsworth Split: 'I Was So Scared of Ever Being Alone'
Miley Cyrus talks about her broken engagement from Liam Hemsworth in an interview for upcoming ABC News special "Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013". Speaking to Barbara Walters, the "Wrecking Ball" singer admits that her relationship with the star of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" moved too fast.
"I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," Miley tells Barbara, as quoted by ABC News. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."
The 21-year-old star continues, "I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged. It was so fun wearing a fat rock (diamond ring) for a few years. But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy. I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself." In the interview, the veteran host also asks if Miley wants to get married. "I think I'll want that in the times that it needs to be," she answers.
Miley and Liam met on the set of movie "The Last Song" in 2009. After getting engaged three years later, the couple announced their split in September 2013. Barbara's full interview with Miley will air on Wednesday, December 18 at 9:30 P.M. ET.
More Miley Cyrus News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage