Miley Cyrus on Liam Hemsworth Split: 'I Was So Scared of Ever Being Alone'
Miley Cyrus talks about her broken engagement from Liam Hemsworth in an interview for upcoming ABC News special "Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013". Speaking to Barbara Walters, the "Wrecking Ball" singer admits that her relationship with the star of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" moved too fast.
"I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," Miley tells Barbara, as quoted by ABC News. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."
The 21-year-old star continues, "I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged. It was so fun wearing a fat rock (diamond ring) for a few years. But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy. I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself." In the interview, the veteran host also asks if Miley wants to get married. "I think I'll want that in the times that it needs to be," she answers.
Miley and Liam met on the set of movie "The Last Song" in 2009. After getting engaged three years later, the couple announced their split in September 2013. Barbara's full interview with Miley will air on Wednesday, December 18 at 9:30 P.M. ET.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival