'American Hustle' Among Oscar 2014 Shortlist of Makeup and Hairstyling Nominees
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announces seven films which remain in competition to get Makeup and Hairstyling nominations for the upcoming 86th Academy Awards. David O. Russell's period crime dramedy "American Hustle" is among the contenders.
Other nominees in the shortlist are "Dallas Buyers Club", "The Great Gatsby", "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters", "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa", and "The Lone Ranger".
On Saturday, January 11, 2014, all members of the Academy's Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts from each of the seven shortlisted films. Following the screenings, members will vote to nominate three films for final Oscar consideration.
Movies in the running for Best Visual Effects nominations are "Elysium", "Gravity", "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", "Iron Man 3", "The Lone Ranger", "Oblivion", "Pacific Rim", "Star Trek Into Darkness", "Thor: The Dark World", and "World War Z".
The final nominations of the 86th Academy Awards will be announced live on Thursday, January 16, 2014, at 5:30 A.M. PT at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The winners will be revealed in a live telecast on March 2 at the Dolby Theatre in the Hollywood district of Los Angeles, California.
Ellen DeGeneres will host the event for a second time. Angelina Jolie will be honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her charity work. Actress Angela Lansbury, actor/producer Steve Martin, and costume designer Piero Tosi are nominees for Academy Honorary Award.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri