Touching Memorial for Paul Walker Held After Funeral
A memorial was held for Paul Walker following the Saturday, December 14 funeral at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in the Hollywood Hills. Spotted among the crowd of family and friends were Walker's "Fast and Furious" co-stars Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris and Michelle Rodriguez.
The memorial was held on the Universal lot and attended by around 200 people. Walker's father Paul Walker Sr., his siblings, his manager Matt Luber and Ron Meyer took the podium to share kind words about the actor. "There was a lot of crying" at the service, a source told E! News. "It was just very sad."
After the memorial, Gibson, Ludacris and Rodriguez shared their grief on social sites. "Today In a room full of your loved ones I wish today was your wedding instead.... God has a better plan even beyond ALL of our own understandings," Gibson wrote on Instagram. "For selfish reasons we all wanted you to stay, another laugh, another take, another talk, another moment."
He continued, "...I guess you can't get all you ask for in life.... But our hearts are FULL from all the moments we DID have, 13 years of laughter and grace, humility and love..... Never did I take my access for granted.... Continue praying for his #Family, his daughter #Meadow, you are the WORLDS best friend that's why we're all feeling it... #RIHAW Rest In Heaven Angel Walker."
Ludacris posted a photo of Walker on Instagram while Rodriguez tweeted, "I hope you get my tweet in heaven, ps your right; 'stop talking just do it already';) Love you Paul, your departure is fuel to my fire, well meet again, enjoy that light."
Walker's remains were cremated and his ashes were interred at the cemetery. The ceremony, which was non-denominational, included an American flag folding. The actor's Paul Walker Sr., his mother Cheryl Walker, brothers Caleb and Cody Walker, other family members and close friends all attended the brief ceremony.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video