Venom and Sinister Six Movies Officially in the Works
The Spider-Man cinematic universe is branching out with films about the superhero's nemeses, Venom and Sinister Six. Sony Pictures has just announced that it's developing the spin-offs, "with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon and Drew Goddard to collaborate on overseeing the developing story over" the movies.
Kurtzman, Orci and Solomon will team up to write the screenplay for "Venom (2017)", which Kurtzman will direct. For "The Sinister Six", Goddard is tapped to write the script with an eye to direct. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are on board as producers for both projects.
Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of Production for the studio, says in a statement announcing the projects, "The Spider-Man film franchise is one of our studio's greatest assets. We are thrilled with the creative team we have assembled to delve more deeply into the world that Marc, Avi and Matt have begun to explore in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' and 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'. We believe that Marc, Alex, and Drew have uniquely exciting visions for how to expand the Spider-Man universe in each of these upcoming films."
Arad and Tolmach add, "This collaboration was born out of the great experience we and Marc had working with Alex, Bob, and Jeff on 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'. With more than fifty years' wealth of stories in the comic books to draw upon for inspiration, the Spider-Man universe is truly boundless; in addition, the Spider-Man comics have the greatest rogues gallery of any series, and to have the chance to explore that on film is truly thrilling."
"Until now, we have approached each film as a separate, self-contained entity, but with this move, we have the opportunity to grow the franchise by looking to the future as we develop a continuous arc for the story," they continue. "That is what Alex, Bob, Jeff, Ed, and Drew will do in this unprecedented collaboration, and we're excited about the directions they are taking the character and the world."
No release date is set for both Venom and Sinister Six movies. Meanwhile, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" directed by Marc Webb is due May 2, 2014 in the United States.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies