K. Michelle on Grammys Snub: 'I Was a Little Hurt'
K. Michelle had a success this year with her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul". So it's normal for her to be disappointed when her name was nowhere to be found on the nominee list for the upcoming Grammy Awards.
During a chat with Carrie Keagan on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live", Michelle admitted that she was "hurt" over the snub. "I was a little hurt, but I truly feel like with my gift and my ability to write songs that touch people, that there's always next year," she said.
Michelle, who sported new shorter hairdo on the show, added that the snub motivated her to "work even harder." "I'm a new artist, not a self-proclaimed new artist, really a new artist. So with that being said, I just feel like there's a lot of time for it," she continued.
Before leaving the show, the 27-year-old singer performed "Can't Raise a Man", a new single off her "Rebellious Soul" album.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville