K. Michelle on Grammys Snub: 'I Was a Little Hurt'
K. Michelle had a success this year with her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul". So it's normal for her to be disappointed when her name was nowhere to be found on the nominee list for the upcoming Grammy Awards.
During a chat with Carrie Keagan on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live", Michelle admitted that she was "hurt" over the snub. "I was a little hurt, but I truly feel like with my gift and my ability to write songs that touch people, that there's always next year," she said.
Michelle, who sported new shorter hairdo on the show, added that the snub motivated her to "work even harder." "I'm a new artist, not a self-proclaimed new artist, really a new artist. So with that being said, I just feel like there's a lot of time for it," she continued.
Before leaving the show, the 27-year-old singer performed "Can't Raise a Man", a new single off her "Rebellious Soul" album.
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration