K. Michelle on Grammys Snub: 'I Was a Little Hurt'
K. Michelle had a success this year with her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul". So it's normal for her to be disappointed when her name was nowhere to be found on the nominee list for the upcoming Grammy Awards.
During a chat with Carrie Keagan on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live", Michelle admitted that she was "hurt" over the snub. "I was a little hurt, but I truly feel like with my gift and my ability to write songs that touch people, that there's always next year," she said.
Michelle, who sported new shorter hairdo on the show, added that the snub motivated her to "work even harder." "I'm a new artist, not a self-proclaimed new artist, really a new artist. So with that being said, I just feel like there's a lot of time for it," she continued.
Before leaving the show, the 27-year-old singer performed "Can't Raise a Man", a new single off her "Rebellious Soul" album.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!