K. Michelle on Grammys Snub: 'I Was a Little Hurt'
K. Michelle had a success this year with her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul". So it's normal for her to be disappointed when her name was nowhere to be found on the nominee list for the upcoming Grammy Awards.
During a chat with Carrie Keagan on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live", Michelle admitted that she was "hurt" over the snub. "I was a little hurt, but I truly feel like with my gift and my ability to write songs that touch people, that there's always next year," she said.
Michelle, who sported new shorter hairdo on the show, added that the snub motivated her to "work even harder." "I'm a new artist, not a self-proclaimed new artist, really a new artist. So with that being said, I just feel like there's a lot of time for it," she continued.
Before leaving the show, the 27-year-old singer performed "Can't Raise a Man", a new single off her "Rebellious Soul" album.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors