K. Michelle on Grammys Snub: 'I Was a Little Hurt'
K. Michelle had a success this year with her debut studio album, "Rebellious Soul". So it's normal for her to be disappointed when her name was nowhere to be found on the nominee list for the upcoming Grammy Awards.
During a chat with Carrie Keagan on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live", Michelle admitted that she was "hurt" over the snub. "I was a little hurt, but I truly feel like with my gift and my ability to write songs that touch people, that there's always next year," she said.
Michelle, who sported new shorter hairdo on the show, added that the snub motivated her to "work even harder." "I'm a new artist, not a self-proclaimed new artist, really a new artist. So with that being said, I just feel like there's a lot of time for it," she continued.
Before leaving the show, the 27-year-old singer performed "Can't Raise a Man", a new single off her "Rebellious Soul" album.
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character