Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Say They Land 'Star Wars' Role, J.J. Abrams Responds
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are cast in "Star Wars Episode 7", or so they say. The actresses who will reprise their duties as hosts for the upcoming Golden Globe Awards joke in an interview with Entertainment Weekly for its newest issue that they are going to play Darth Vader's mothers.
Poehler gives her take on the role, "He has two horrible mothers. We know a lot of father stuff with Star Wars, and not a lot of mother stuff. We play these really naggy mothers of Darth Vader." Fey then jokingly practices her dialogue for it, " 'Darth, eat! Why don't you eat?' That kind of stuff."
The "Parks and Recreation" star also participates in channeling her inner Vader's fussy mother, "You're never gonna find a girl when you go out looking like that!" The former "30 Rock" actress chimes in, "Making him practice his Jedi stuff for hours."
J.J. Abrams has since responded to their joke, and he has nothing but love for the two stars. The director says, "The exciting thing about having Amy and Tina play the Vader Moms, as we're calling them, is that they bring to the film that pitch-perfect Star Wars energy fans are clamoring for."
While the official plotline for the movie is still under wraps, Poehler already has her own take on the story, "I feel like the theme of the next Star Wars is going to be: How does a working mother juggle it all? I'm looking forward to that."
"What I like about all these giant superhero movies is that they speak to the issues that I'm dealing with right now - working mother and time management and how to be an interesting, sexual, curious woman in your 40s. That's the kind of stuff that I like to see on the screen, and that's what I see with a lot of the films out today."
The first installment of the planned three-part "Star Wars" films is due December 18, 2015. Jack O'Connell, Jason Flemyng, Matt Smith, Michael B. Jordan, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Alexis Dziena and Taissa Farmiga are among the rumored cast.
The filmmakers are looking for two young stars to play a tough-cookie teenage girl and a charismatic, funny guy from 19 to 23. They are also in search of an actor to portray a tough guy role a la Matt Damon in "Elysium".
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery