Adam Sandler to Stop By 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' in Super Bowl Episode
Adam Sandler is reportedly committed to making a rare TV appearance on "Brooklyn Nine-Nine". E! News reports that the "Saturday Night Live" alum will guest star as himself on the FOX sitcom in a post-Super Bowl episode set to air in February.
The network has not commented on the news, but sources tell the site that the 47-year-old actor is shooting his episode this week. Should the report be true, Sandler will reunite with fellow former "SNL" cast member Andy Samberg, who has a regular role on the new hit comedy. Sandler and Samberg have also shared screen in 2012's movie "That's My Boy" and "Grown Ups 2", which was released in theaters earlier this year.
While not confirming Sandler's appearance, series creator Mike Schur has been willing to reveal what's to expect from the Super Bowl episode. "It's very fun. There's a lot of Terry Crews and Andre Braugher together, which I love. The two of them have a big storyline together and they're really, really funny together. And then there's some super Bowl specific stuff but we really just tried to create a really just big, bright, funny, juicy, comedy story," he said.
With the coveted slot, he's "hoping a lot of people will check out the show for the first time, because the entire universe watches the Super Bowl." He explained, "And so we really just wanted to sort of introduce the characters to a wider audience. We tried to just build a couple stories that are really explaining in the funniest way who everyone is."
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip