Jennifer Lawrence: I Got My 'American Hustle' Accent From 'Real Housewives'
Jennifer Lawrence reveals her muse to get into her character in David O. Russell's "American Hustle". She tells MTV News that she picked up her accent as big-mouthed wife to Christian Bale's conman character from watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
"I can't tell where it came from because I just kind of started speaking in it, and I've been watching a lot of reality TV shows and those reality TV shows have a lot of New Jersey women," the Oscar-winning actress says. "So I can't say that it's not from them."
"American Hustle" collects seven nominations at the 71th Annual Golden Globe Awards. One of them is Best Supporting Actress for the "Silver Linings Playbook" actress. "Thank you to the HFPA. This is so exciting," she says. "I'm thrilled that the film received so many nominations and that I get to share this with the rest of the cast."
"American Hustle" also stars Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Louis C.K. and many big stars. Based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, it follows brilliant conman Irving (Bale) and his lover Sydney (Adams) being recruited and forced to work for FBI agent Richie (Cooper).
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner