Jennifer Lawrence: I Got My 'American Hustle' Accent From 'Real Housewives'
Jennifer Lawrence reveals her muse to get into her character in David O. Russell's "American Hustle". She tells MTV News that she picked up her accent as big-mouthed wife to Christian Bale's conman character from watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
"I can't tell where it came from because I just kind of started speaking in it, and I've been watching a lot of reality TV shows and those reality TV shows have a lot of New Jersey women," the Oscar-winning actress says. "So I can't say that it's not from them."
"American Hustle" collects seven nominations at the 71th Annual Golden Globe Awards. One of them is Best Supporting Actress for the "Silver Linings Playbook" actress. "Thank you to the HFPA. This is so exciting," she says. "I'm thrilled that the film received so many nominations and that I get to share this with the rest of the cast."
"American Hustle" also stars Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Louis C.K. and many big stars. Based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, it follows brilliant conman Irving (Bale) and his lover Sydney (Adams) being recruited and forced to work for FBI agent Richie (Cooper).
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage