Jennifer Lawrence: I Got My 'American Hustle' Accent From 'Real Housewives'
Jennifer Lawrence reveals her muse to get into her character in David O. Russell's "American Hustle". She tells MTV News that she picked up her accent as big-mouthed wife to Christian Bale's conman character from watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
"I can't tell where it came from because I just kind of started speaking in it, and I've been watching a lot of reality TV shows and those reality TV shows have a lot of New Jersey women," the Oscar-winning actress says. "So I can't say that it's not from them."
"American Hustle" collects seven nominations at the 71th Annual Golden Globe Awards. One of them is Best Supporting Actress for the "Silver Linings Playbook" actress. "Thank you to the HFPA. This is so exciting," she says. "I'm thrilled that the film received so many nominations and that I get to share this with the rest of the cast."
"American Hustle" also stars Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Louis C.K. and many big stars. Based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, it follows brilliant conman Irving (Bale) and his lover Sydney (Adams) being recruited and forced to work for FBI agent Richie (Cooper).
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame