Jennifer Lawrence: I Got My 'American Hustle' Accent From 'Real Housewives'
Jennifer Lawrence reveals her muse to get into her character in David O. Russell's "American Hustle". She tells MTV News that she picked up her accent as big-mouthed wife to Christian Bale's conman character from watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
"I can't tell where it came from because I just kind of started speaking in it, and I've been watching a lot of reality TV shows and those reality TV shows have a lot of New Jersey women," the Oscar-winning actress says. "So I can't say that it's not from them."
"American Hustle" collects seven nominations at the 71th Annual Golden Globe Awards. One of them is Best Supporting Actress for the "Silver Linings Playbook" actress. "Thank you to the HFPA. This is so exciting," she says. "I'm thrilled that the film received so many nominations and that I get to share this with the rest of the cast."
"American Hustle" also stars Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Louis C.K. and many big stars. Based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, it follows brilliant conman Irving (Bale) and his lover Sydney (Adams) being recruited and forced to work for FBI agent Richie (Cooper).
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video