Lorde Under Racial Attack for 'Ugly' Boyfriend
"Royals" crooner Lorde fell victim to racial abuse online after photos of her and her Asian boyfriend James Lowe surfaced. The abuse has been reported as a revenge from One Direction and Justin Bieber's fans who got angry after Lorde allegedly called them "ugly" and "overrated".
Although there is no record of Lorde dissing the British boy band and Bieber, she was the subject of hatred on Twitter. "What the f**k is lorde and that chinese sort of ostrich boyfriend anyway," wrote @whosxays. Some of the Twitter users called Lowe "PSY gone wrong" and "captain of chess club". @xxamandaax posted a picture of Lorde and Lowe on the beach with the caption, "I hope this frightening image of lorde and her boyfriend helps you get through today."
Lorde, aged 17, has not confirmed that she is dating Lowe, who is a 24-year-old photographer. The Grammy-nominated singer has remained silent on the cyber attack although she frequently communicates with her followers.
Lorde has no record on attacking 1D and Bieber but she has openly criticized Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj for their anti-feminist music and appearance. "I have pretty strong morals and opinions being in pop music, and I can't help but express those, which I think people appreciate," she told MTV in October. "I mean, I don't think I say anything that isn't backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I've said."
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson