Angelina Jolie's Plane Grounded by FAA for Not Having License
Angelina Jolie has reportedly been banned from flying her private plane after failing to renew its registration in time. The certificate to the 38-year-old movie star's red-and-white Cirrus SR-22 has expired on June 30.
According to NY Times' Page Six, FAA documents noted that a renewal application was sent to the agency but it arrived too late. FAA sent a letter to Jolie's Chivan Productions at the beginning of September that they could not process the renewal because application did not arrive in time.
However, the plane took the mile anyway in October in Montana. Flight records showed that it was flown without a valid certificate, although who was in the pilot seat was not indicated.
Jolie got her flying license eight years ago after being inspired by her oldest son Maddox. "Every time Mad sees a plane, he's amazed," she said at the time. "If I could actually fly a plane... I'll be like Superman to him." Jolie has previously been seen flying partner Brad Pitt and their six kids in the jet.
Her $360,000 plane is the fastest single-engine aircraft in the world. It can reach 300 miles per hour and deploy a parachute to land the entire plane safely.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia