Videos: Macklemore and Katy Perry Rock Grammy Nominations Concert
The live concert announcing nominees for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards was kicked off by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles Friday night, December 6. The duo rocked the stage with Wanz, performing their No. 1 hit "Thrift Shop" at the LL Cool J-hosted event.
Katy Perry sang from Canada. The West Coast pop star delivered her empowering single "Roar" in an acoustic set. "I hope this song inspired you guys and helped bring out that self-strength," she said. "I hope you guys found your 'Roar' through all of this, even if you didn't think you had it."
Macklemore gets seven nods including the coveted Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. Katy, meanwhile, is nominated for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. The winners will be revealed in a live Grammy show on January 26, 2014.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis:
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake