Videos: Macklemore and Katy Perry Rock Grammy Nominations Concert
The live concert announcing nominees for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards was kicked off by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles Friday night, December 6. The duo rocked the stage with Wanz, performing their No. 1 hit "Thrift Shop" at the LL Cool J-hosted event.
Katy Perry sang from Canada. The West Coast pop star delivered her empowering single "Roar" in an acoustic set. "I hope this song inspired you guys and helped bring out that self-strength," she said. "I hope you guys found your 'Roar' through all of this, even if you didn't think you had it."
Macklemore gets seven nods including the coveted Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. Katy, meanwhile, is nominated for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. The winners will be revealed in a live Grammy show on January 26, 2014.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis:
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'