'Scandal' Season 3 Episode Order Reduced Amid Kerry Washington's Pregnancy Report
ABC has trimmed "Scandal" season 3 episode order from the full 22-episode order to 18. It's considered unusual since the Shonda Rhimes-created drama is a hit for the network. There's no official explanation for the cutback, but the news comes on the heel of reports that lead star Kerry Washington is pregnant.
The Emmy-nominated actress herself hasn't confirmed her pregnancy, but it's highly likely that the decision to reduce "Scandal" episode was made to accomodate this. The 36-year-old, who is married to NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha, is reportedly due to give birth in spring, which would've given no time for the show to complete the filming of the last four episodes.
It has been reported before that Washington's pregnancy will not be incorporated into the storyline. Sources also tell TVLine that the writers won't write Olivia Pope out of the show for an extended period of time.
"Scandal" will air its midseason finale on December 12 before taking a winter hiatus. The show will return with new episodes starting February 27.
Earlier this year, "True Blood" had an abbreviated season 6 to accomodate the pregnancy of lead actress Anna Paquin.
"Scandal" 3.10 preview:
More Scandal News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off