Ed Sheeran Needed Taylor Swift's Approval for New Tracks in His New Album
Taylor Swift holds a very important role in Ed Sheeran's upcoming album. In a new interview with MTV, the British redhead revealed that he always submitted every song he wrote to Swift so she could judge which songs could be featured in the follow-up to his "+".
"Whenever I finished a song, I'd send it to [Swift] to get her opinion," Sheeran, who's been friends with Swift since joining the country/pop star's "Red" tour earlier this year, told the site on Tuesday, December 3. "She's heard all the songs and she's a good judge of what's good or not good."
Sheeran's album is expected to be dropped in 2014. In the meantime, the "Lego House" singer will keep himself busy by promoting "I See Fire", a song he wrote for Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug". The track is a strong contender to be nominated for Best Original Song at the upcoming Golden Globes and/or Oscars.
"I'm basically going to be promoting this song up until awards season, and then as soon as awards season is done, the next album begins," he continued.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie