Ed Sheeran Needed Taylor Swift's Approval for New Tracks in His New Album
Taylor Swift holds a very important role in Ed Sheeran's upcoming album. In a new interview with MTV, the British redhead revealed that he always submitted every song he wrote to Swift so she could judge which songs could be featured in the follow-up to his "+".
"Whenever I finished a song, I'd send it to [Swift] to get her opinion," Sheeran, who's been friends with Swift since joining the country/pop star's "Red" tour earlier this year, told the site on Tuesday, December 3. "She's heard all the songs and she's a good judge of what's good or not good."
Sheeran's album is expected to be dropped in 2014. In the meantime, the "Lego House" singer will keep himself busy by promoting "I See Fire", a song he wrote for Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug". The track is a strong contender to be nominated for Best Original Song at the upcoming Golden Globes and/or Oscars.
"I'm basically going to be promoting this song up until awards season, and then as soon as awards season is done, the next album begins," he continued.
More Ed Sheeran News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie