Tom Daley Talks About Boyfriend: It Was 'Love at First Sight'
Tom Daley has shared more details about his boyfriend, rumored to be Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, on "The Jonathan Ross Show". In an interview which will be aired on Saturday, December 7, the Olympic diver talks about his love story, saying that he made the first move.
"It really was love at first sight, I'd never felt like anything like it before," the 19-year-old athlete says. "We were at a party and I hadn't even spoken to him all night. I didn't know what to do or if he was gay at first. I typed 'call me' in his notes with a smiley face on this phone and the next day he texted. He makes me feel safe and happy, right now I couldn't be happier."
"I'd never felt the feeling of love, it happened so quickly, I was completely overwhelmed by it to the point I can't get him out of my head all the time. I've never had it before where I love someone and they love me just as much," he continues.
Daley also opens up about his sexuality in the emotional interview, saying that he did not label himself. "To be honest, everything is all pretty new and I don't see any point in putting a label on it - gay, bi or straight," he admits. After coming out in a video a few days ago, "the reaction has been 100 times better than I thought it would be. I know some people can be a bit negative about it but overall it has just been amazing. I was absolutely terrified about doing this as it was so unknown but for people to be so supportive about it, it has been amazing."
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist