Lorde Announced as Performer at Grammys Nominations Special
Lorde has been announced as a performer at Grammy Awards nominations special dubbed "Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night". "This will be the greatest number of people to see her in one place at one time," Ken Ehrlich, who produces the awards show, said in an interview Tuesday, December 3.
The 17-year-old New Zealand singer may be up for Grammy gold too. Her debut album "Pure Heroine" was released on September 30, the final day to be considered for Grammy nominations.
Her breakthrough single, "Royals", has so far topped Billboard 100 for nine weeks. The new music video for her "Team" was also very popular that it crashed Vevo shortly after being released earlier this week.
At the nominations event that's set to be held on Friday, December 6 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, Lorde is joining previously-announced performers that include Robin Thicke and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Thicke will be joined by T.I. and the members of Earth, Wind & Fire to perform "Blurred Lines".
Meanwhile, Keith Urban will sing Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" with R&B singer Miguel. "This is really Keith Urban's idea," Ehrlich said and added that the country star was impressed with Miguel's performance at this year's Grammy Awards.
Rapper/actor LL Cool J will host the one-hour special that's going to be aired on CBS on 10:00 P.M. The show will also feature pre-taped performances by Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift