Lorde Announced as Performer at Grammys Nominations Special
Lorde has been announced as a performer at Grammy Awards nominations special dubbed "Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night". "This will be the greatest number of people to see her in one place at one time," Ken Ehrlich, who produces the awards show, said in an interview Tuesday, December 3.
The 17-year-old New Zealand singer may be up for Grammy gold too. Her debut album "Pure Heroine" was released on September 30, the final day to be considered for Grammy nominations.
Her breakthrough single, "Royals", has so far topped Billboard 100 for nine weeks. The new music video for her "Team" was also very popular that it crashed Vevo shortly after being released earlier this week.
At the nominations event that's set to be held on Friday, December 6 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, Lorde is joining previously-announced performers that include Robin Thicke and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Thicke will be joined by T.I. and the members of Earth, Wind & Fire to perform "Blurred Lines".
Meanwhile, Keith Urban will sing Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" with R&B singer Miguel. "This is really Keith Urban's idea," Ehrlich said and added that the country star was impressed with Miguel's performance at this year's Grammy Awards.
Rapper/actor LL Cool J will host the one-hour special that's going to be aired on CBS on 10:00 P.M. The show will also feature pre-taped performances by Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande