Lea Michele Thanks Amber Riley for Helping Her Cope With Cory Monteith's Death
Lea Michele is thankful for Amber Riley's friendship when she was coping with the passing of her boyfriend Cory Monteith. The Rachel Berry of "Glee" spoke of her co-star when she was at the L'Oreal Paris Women of Worth 2013 event on Tuesday, December 3.
"I've got to give a shout out to Miss Amber Riley, 'Dancing with the Stars' winner... she's the best. I love her so much, so proud of her... she's been there for me so much through everything," Michele told Extra's AJ Calloway.
In addition to her co-star, Michele is also thankful for her parents' support during the hard time, saying she would be with them during the holiday season. "We're just going to do something with the three of us and spend time. I have the most incredible family, my dear friends are always there for me. They're wonderful. I'm so thankful for them," she added.
Michele previously mentioned another celebrity friend Kate Hudson who helped her following Monteith's passing. In an interview with Elle, the 27-year-old actress/singer said, "I called her and said, I don't know where I'm going to go because my house is swarmed [with reporters]. She was like, 'Oh, you're going to stay at my house.' Like it was nothing."
The "Bride Wars" actress also welcomed Michele's family members to her house. "She let my family stay there, and any of my friends. She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favorite juices. I'll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me," Michele continued.
Monteith passed away due to mixed drug toxicity in July. He was 31.
More Lea Michele News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters