Lea Michele Thanks Amber Riley for Helping Her Cope With Cory Monteith's Death
Lea Michele is thankful for Amber Riley's friendship when she was coping with the passing of her boyfriend Cory Monteith. The Rachel Berry of "Glee" spoke of her co-star when she was at the L'Oreal Paris Women of Worth 2013 event on Tuesday, December 3.
"I've got to give a shout out to Miss Amber Riley, 'Dancing with the Stars' winner... she's the best. I love her so much, so proud of her... she's been there for me so much through everything," Michele told Extra's AJ Calloway.
In addition to her co-star, Michele is also thankful for her parents' support during the hard time, saying she would be with them during the holiday season. "We're just going to do something with the three of us and spend time. I have the most incredible family, my dear friends are always there for me. They're wonderful. I'm so thankful for them," she added.
Michele previously mentioned another celebrity friend Kate Hudson who helped her following Monteith's passing. In an interview with Elle, the 27-year-old actress/singer said, "I called her and said, I don't know where I'm going to go because my house is swarmed [with reporters]. She was like, 'Oh, you're going to stay at my house.' Like it was nothing."
The "Bride Wars" actress also welcomed Michele's family members to her house. "She let my family stay there, and any of my friends. She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favorite juices. I'll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me," Michele continued.
Monteith passed away due to mixed drug toxicity in July. He was 31.
More Lea Michele News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart