Lea Michele Thanks Amber Riley for Helping Her Cope With Cory Monteith's Death
Lea Michele is thankful for Amber Riley's friendship when she was coping with the passing of her boyfriend Cory Monteith. The Rachel Berry of "Glee" spoke of her co-star when she was at the L'Oreal Paris Women of Worth 2013 event on Tuesday, December 3.
"I've got to give a shout out to Miss Amber Riley, 'Dancing with the Stars' winner... she's the best. I love her so much, so proud of her... she's been there for me so much through everything," Michele told Extra's AJ Calloway.
In addition to her co-star, Michele is also thankful for her parents' support during the hard time, saying she would be with them during the holiday season. "We're just going to do something with the three of us and spend time. I have the most incredible family, my dear friends are always there for me. They're wonderful. I'm so thankful for them," she added.
Michele previously mentioned another celebrity friend Kate Hudson who helped her following Monteith's passing. In an interview with Elle, the 27-year-old actress/singer said, "I called her and said, I don't know where I'm going to go because my house is swarmed [with reporters]. She was like, 'Oh, you're going to stay at my house.' Like it was nothing."
The "Bride Wars" actress also welcomed Michele's family members to her house. "She let my family stay there, and any of my friends. She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favorite juices. I'll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me," Michele continued.
Monteith passed away due to mixed drug toxicity in July. He was 31.
More Lea Michele News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce