Lea Michele Thanks Amber Riley for Helping Her Cope With Cory Monteith's Death
Lea Michele is thankful for Amber Riley's friendship when she was coping with the passing of her boyfriend Cory Monteith. The Rachel Berry of "Glee" spoke of her co-star when she was at the L'Oreal Paris Women of Worth 2013 event on Tuesday, December 3.
"I've got to give a shout out to Miss Amber Riley, 'Dancing with the Stars' winner... she's the best. I love her so much, so proud of her... she's been there for me so much through everything," Michele told Extra's AJ Calloway.
In addition to her co-star, Michele is also thankful for her parents' support during the hard time, saying she would be with them during the holiday season. "We're just going to do something with the three of us and spend time. I have the most incredible family, my dear friends are always there for me. They're wonderful. I'm so thankful for them," she added.
Michele previously mentioned another celebrity friend Kate Hudson who helped her following Monteith's passing. In an interview with Elle, the 27-year-old actress/singer said, "I called her and said, I don't know where I'm going to go because my house is swarmed [with reporters]. She was like, 'Oh, you're going to stay at my house.' Like it was nothing."
The "Bride Wars" actress also welcomed Michele's family members to her house. "She let my family stay there, and any of my friends. She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favorite juices. I'll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me," Michele continued.
Monteith passed away due to mixed drug toxicity in July. He was 31.
More Lea Michele News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic