'House of Cards' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date and Silent Promo
Those waiting for the return of "House of Cards" can now save the date. Netflix has announced that the second season of the political drama series will premiere Friday, February 14. All 13 episodes of the new chapter will be available to watch instantly.
To hype up the anticipated return, Netflix has released the first promo for season 2. The black-and-white clip does not feature any dialogues or music and sees Robin Wright Penn's Claire from the back as she's smoking a cigarette.
In the upcoming chapter, Francis (Kevin Spacey) and Claire (Wright) Underwood continue their ruthless rise to power as threats mount on all fronts. Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), an up-and-coming reporter and Francis's former paramour, is inching closer to the truth about his crimes.
President Walker's (Michel Gill) billionaire confidante Raymond Tusk (Gerald McRaney) demands that Francis reciprocate political favors or face retribution. And Claire must confront the increasing glare of the spotlight as it eats away at her and Francis's once private existence. The Underwoods' must overcome these dangers - past and present - to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake.
Jodie Foster, James Foley ("Glengarry Glen Ross"), Carl Franklin ("Homeland") and John David Coles ("Justified") directed some episodes of season 2. "Criminal Minds" star Jayne Atkinson and "Treme" alum Derek Cecil are added to the cast.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues