'House of Cards' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date and Silent Promo
Those waiting for the return of "House of Cards" can now save the date. Netflix has announced that the second season of the political drama series will premiere Friday, February 14. All 13 episodes of the new chapter will be available to watch instantly.
To hype up the anticipated return, Netflix has released the first promo for season 2. The black-and-white clip does not feature any dialogues or music and sees Robin Wright Penn's Claire from the back as she's smoking a cigarette.
In the upcoming chapter, Francis (Kevin Spacey) and Claire (Wright) Underwood continue their ruthless rise to power as threats mount on all fronts. Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), an up-and-coming reporter and Francis's former paramour, is inching closer to the truth about his crimes.
President Walker's (Michel Gill) billionaire confidante Raymond Tusk (Gerald McRaney) demands that Francis reciprocate political favors or face retribution. And Claire must confront the increasing glare of the spotlight as it eats away at her and Francis's once private existence. The Underwoods' must overcome these dangers - past and present - to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake.
Jodie Foster, James Foley ("Glengarry Glen Ross"), Carl Franklin ("Homeland") and John David Coles ("Justified") directed some episodes of season 2. "Criminal Minds" star Jayne Atkinson and "Treme" alum Derek Cecil are added to the cast.
More House of Cards News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal