Keri Russell's Home Burglarized When She Slept
Keri Russell's Brooklyn Heights home was ransacked by burglars when she was asleep. The "August Rush" actress woke up at around 3 A.M. on Wednesday, December 4 after hearing some noises upstairs and went to check, only to find that the front door and living room window were wide open. The burglars took a laptop, a necklace, a pair of earrings and a Filson handbag, New York Daily News reports.
Two people, Ronald Swindell and his nephew Steffon, later were arrested for alleged burglary in another house several blocks away from Russell's. Swindell reportedly was found with a satchel containing items from the two houses and the two were charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen items.
According to a source at the law enforcement office, Swindell has been arrested for more than 20 times for burglary and other crimes. He was just released on November 22 after serving 5 years in prison for burglary and additional time for violating his parole.
A representative for the "Felicity" star has confirmed the break-in, adding that the Golden Globe winner was already back to work. "Everyone is fine, and Keri sends her thanks to the police. She returned to work on 'The Americans' today," the representative said. There is no report whether Russell's husband Shane Deary and their two children were at home during the burglary.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role