Keri Russell's Home Burglarized When She Slept
Keri Russell's Brooklyn Heights home was ransacked by burglars when she was asleep. The "August Rush" actress woke up at around 3 A.M. on Wednesday, December 4 after hearing some noises upstairs and went to check, only to find that the front door and living room window were wide open. The burglars took a laptop, a necklace, a pair of earrings and a Filson handbag, New York Daily News reports.
Two people, Ronald Swindell and his nephew Steffon, later were arrested for alleged burglary in another house several blocks away from Russell's. Swindell reportedly was found with a satchel containing items from the two houses and the two were charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen items.
According to a source at the law enforcement office, Swindell has been arrested for more than 20 times for burglary and other crimes. He was just released on November 22 after serving 5 years in prison for burglary and additional time for violating his parole.
A representative for the "Felicity" star has confirmed the break-in, adding that the Golden Globe winner was already back to work. "Everyone is fine, and Keri sends her thanks to the police. She returned to work on 'The Americans' today," the representative said. There is no report whether Russell's husband Shane Deary and their two children were at home during the burglary.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'