Keri Russell's Home Burglarized When She Slept
Keri Russell's Brooklyn Heights home was ransacked by burglars when she was asleep. The "August Rush" actress woke up at around 3 A.M. on Wednesday, December 4 after hearing some noises upstairs and went to check, only to find that the front door and living room window were wide open. The burglars took a laptop, a necklace, a pair of earrings and a Filson handbag, New York Daily News reports.
Two people, Ronald Swindell and his nephew Steffon, later were arrested for alleged burglary in another house several blocks away from Russell's. Swindell reportedly was found with a satchel containing items from the two houses and the two were charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen items.
According to a source at the law enforcement office, Swindell has been arrested for more than 20 times for burglary and other crimes. He was just released on November 22 after serving 5 years in prison for burglary and additional time for violating his parole.
A representative for the "Felicity" star has confirmed the break-in, adding that the Golden Globe winner was already back to work. "Everyone is fine, and Keri sends her thanks to the police. She returned to work on 'The Americans' today," the representative said. There is no report whether Russell's husband Shane Deary and their two children were at home during the burglary.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal