Keri Russell's Home Burglarized When She Slept
Keri Russell's Brooklyn Heights home was ransacked by burglars when she was asleep. The "August Rush" actress woke up at around 3 A.M. on Wednesday, December 4 after hearing some noises upstairs and went to check, only to find that the front door and living room window were wide open. The burglars took a laptop, a necklace, a pair of earrings and a Filson handbag, New York Daily News reports.
Two people, Ronald Swindell and his nephew Steffon, later were arrested for alleged burglary in another house several blocks away from Russell's. Swindell reportedly was found with a satchel containing items from the two houses and the two were charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen items.
According to a source at the law enforcement office, Swindell has been arrested for more than 20 times for burglary and other crimes. He was just released on November 22 after serving 5 years in prison for burglary and additional time for violating his parole.
A representative for the "Felicity" star has confirmed the break-in, adding that the Golden Globe winner was already back to work. "Everyone is fine, and Keri sends her thanks to the police. She returned to work on 'The Americans' today," the representative said. There is no report whether Russell's husband Shane Deary and their two children were at home during the burglary.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'