Keri Russell's Home Burglarized When She Slept
Keri Russell's Brooklyn Heights home was ransacked by burglars when she was asleep. The "August Rush" actress woke up at around 3 A.M. on Wednesday, December 4 after hearing some noises upstairs and went to check, only to find that the front door and living room window were wide open. The burglars took a laptop, a necklace, a pair of earrings and a Filson handbag, New York Daily News reports.
Two people, Ronald Swindell and his nephew Steffon, later were arrested for alleged burglary in another house several blocks away from Russell's. Swindell reportedly was found with a satchel containing items from the two houses and the two were charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen items.
According to a source at the law enforcement office, Swindell has been arrested for more than 20 times for burglary and other crimes. He was just released on November 22 after serving 5 years in prison for burglary and additional time for violating his parole.
A representative for the "Felicity" star has confirmed the break-in, adding that the Golden Globe winner was already back to work. "Everyone is fine, and Keri sends her thanks to the police. She returned to work on 'The Americans' today," the representative said. There is no report whether Russell's husband Shane Deary and their two children were at home during the burglary.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny