'Man of Steel 2': Gal Gadot Confirmed as Wonder Woman, Callan Mulvey Eyed for Villain
After weeks of speculation, it's finally confirmed that Wonder Woman will indeed appear in the sequel to "Man of Steel". Director Zack Snyder confirms in a statement that former beauty pageant, Israeli actress/model Gal Gadot, will take on the role in the film.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," Snyder says.
The "Fast and Furious" actress was originally rumored auditioning to portray Diane Prince's alter ego, along with Olga Kurylenko ("Oblivion") and Elodie Yung ("G.I. Joe: Retaliation").
Aside from the Wonder Woman official casting, new rumor suggests that Callan Mulvey ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)", "300: Rise of an Empire") is eyed to play the main baddie in the upcoming Superman vs. Batman movie.
"Man of Steel 2" is due July 17, 2015 in the United States. Plotline for the movie is still under wraps, but Warner Bros. producer Daniel Alter once tweeted that a semi-retired Bruce Wayne would be controlling robots from his batcave to fight crimes in the city.
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, while Ben Affleck is tapped to play the Dark Knight. Other Justice League members like Dick Grayson or Nightwing and The Flash are expected to appear in the film along with familiar face Lex Luthor, but no official announcement has been made.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign