'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Is Set at Buckingham Palace
Details and pictures from "Downton Abbey" Christmas special have been unveiled. ITV has announced that the two-hour episode is set six months after the end of season four and features scenes taking place at Buckingham Palace, where a scandal threatens to engulf the British monarchy.
In the special, Lady Rose is presented to the King as part of her "coming out." The family decides to relocate to their London residence for the occasion. Cora's mother and brother arrive from America, while Robert will be forced to act to protect both the royal family and his own.
Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti return as Cora's mother Martha Levinson and playboy brother Harold respectively. Other confirmed guest stars are James Fox as Lord Aysgarth, Guy Williams as King George V, Oliver Dimsdale as the Prince of Wales as well as Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden, who play Lady Mary's love interests.
The "Downton Abbey" Christmas special will air on December 25 at 8:30 P.M. on ITV in the U.K.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked