'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Is Set at Buckingham Palace
Details and pictures from "Downton Abbey" Christmas special have been unveiled. ITV has announced that the two-hour episode is set six months after the end of season four and features scenes taking place at Buckingham Palace, where a scandal threatens to engulf the British monarchy.
In the special, Lady Rose is presented to the King as part of her "coming out." The family decides to relocate to their London residence for the occasion. Cora's mother and brother arrive from America, while Robert will be forced to act to protect both the royal family and his own.
Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti return as Cora's mother Martha Levinson and playboy brother Harold respectively. Other confirmed guest stars are James Fox as Lord Aysgarth, Guy Williams as King George V, Oliver Dimsdale as the Prince of Wales as well as Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden, who play Lady Mary's love interests.
The "Downton Abbey" Christmas special will air on December 25 at 8:30 P.M. on ITV in the U.K.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...