'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Is Set at Buckingham Palace
Details and pictures from "Downton Abbey" Christmas special have been unveiled. ITV has announced that the two-hour episode is set six months after the end of season four and features scenes taking place at Buckingham Palace, where a scandal threatens to engulf the British monarchy.
In the special, Lady Rose is presented to the King as part of her "coming out." The family decides to relocate to their London residence for the occasion. Cora's mother and brother arrive from America, while Robert will be forced to act to protect both the royal family and his own.
Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti return as Cora's mother Martha Levinson and playboy brother Harold respectively. Other confirmed guest stars are James Fox as Lord Aysgarth, Guy Williams as King George V, Oliver Dimsdale as the Prince of Wales as well as Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden, who play Lady Mary's love interests.
The "Downton Abbey" Christmas special will air on December 25 at 8:30 P.M. on ITV in the U.K.
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis
- Paris Jackson Channels Marilyn Monroe as She's Dubbed Vanity Fair's Newest 'It Girl'
- Macaulay Culkin Plays Kurt Cobain in Father John Misty's Video for 'Total Entertainment Forever'