'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Is Set at Buckingham Palace
Details and pictures from "Downton Abbey" Christmas special have been unveiled. ITV has announced that the two-hour episode is set six months after the end of season four and features scenes taking place at Buckingham Palace, where a scandal threatens to engulf the British monarchy.
In the special, Lady Rose is presented to the King as part of her "coming out." The family decides to relocate to their London residence for the occasion. Cora's mother and brother arrive from America, while Robert will be forced to act to protect both the royal family and his own.
Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti return as Cora's mother Martha Levinson and playboy brother Harold respectively. Other confirmed guest stars are James Fox as Lord Aysgarth, Guy Williams as King George V, Oliver Dimsdale as the Prince of Wales as well as Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden, who play Lady Mary's love interests.
The "Downton Abbey" Christmas special will air on December 25 at 8:30 P.M. on ITV in the U.K.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season