'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Is Set at Buckingham Palace
Details and pictures from "Downton Abbey" Christmas special have been unveiled. ITV has announced that the two-hour episode is set six months after the end of season four and features scenes taking place at Buckingham Palace, where a scandal threatens to engulf the British monarchy.
In the special, Lady Rose is presented to the King as part of her "coming out." The family decides to relocate to their London residence for the occasion. Cora's mother and brother arrive from America, while Robert will be forced to act to protect both the royal family and his own.
Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti return as Cora's mother Martha Levinson and playboy brother Harold respectively. Other confirmed guest stars are James Fox as Lord Aysgarth, Guy Williams as King George V, Oliver Dimsdale as the Prince of Wales as well as Tom Cullen and Julian Ovenden, who play Lady Mary's love interests.
The "Downton Abbey" Christmas special will air on December 25 at 8:30 P.M. on ITV in the U.K.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2